case 446

/ case 446 #1  

winston88

Tractor
does anyone or can anyone help me find out how to hook up a tiller on the back of this 446.i had a 444 at one time and took it all apart,but did not remember how it went back together.in need a pic, of it . is thr a place to go to to see it.thnks for help if u can.winston

/ case 446 #2  
If you have a BASIC tractor, then you must have the hydraulic PTO Kit mounted behind the seat to provide power to the tiller. You must also have one of the two optional hitches. The Sleeve Hitch will couple directly to the tiller but the 3 point hitch must be equipped with a F-27 Sleeve Hitch Adapter for the tiller to slide on to. If you need more information than that, then send me a PM.

/ case 446 #6  
I am not convinced that Eastman will have the correct PTO Kit available for your 448. The last 448 rolled down the assembly line in 1988 which is 25 years ago. You would be far better off seeking a used PTO kit on e-Bay and having it shipped to you by USPS. Customs will charge you 13% HST on the Canadian dollar value plus another $5.00 fee to the Post Office for collecting the HST. There are not duties on this item because it was made in the USA and falls under the Free Trade Act.

You have a long wheelbase tractor. Therefore, you need a complete PTO kit from a 444, 446 or 448 made for the 1980 model year or later, so that the lines that run from the PTO valve on the rear to the travel/lift valve underneath the tractor are the correct length.

In the alternative..........you might consider purchasing everything except the steel lines. It would be far less costly to ship because the package would be substantially smaller. Once it arrives, it is a simple task to bolt the valve bracket to the rear of your tractor. If you have the use of a trailer that could transport the tractor to a local hydraulics shop, two hoses could be made to take the place of the steel lines. Having the tractor right at the shop would ensure that the most efficient hose fittings are used and the hose lengths are correct. Currently, used PTO kits on e-Bay bring around the 200 dollar figure. Sometimes more, sometimes less. The current price for a PTO kit that fits the newest tractors, sells for $850.00 US.

If you see one on e-Bay that interests you, feel free to send me an e-mail. I will look at it for you to make sure it will work on your tractor.

/ case 446 #7  
Thanks for the info!

There's a complete transaxle with the pump for cheap on ebay right now but the shipping would be nuts...I can wait though. Thanks again.

/ case 446 #8  
Thanks for the info!

There's a complete transaxle with the pump for cheap on ebay right now but the shipping would be nuts...I can wait though. Thanks again.

I do not understand your reply. You asked where someone would buy a PTO kit. I gave you that information. A "complete transaxle with the pump" has absolutely nothing to do with a PTO kit.

/ case 446 #9  
I do not understand your reply. You asked where someone would buy a PTO kit. I gave you that information. A "complete transaxle with the pump" has absolutely nothing to do with a PTO kit.

My apologies...I am new at this and clearly thought I was looking at something that WAS related to the PTO kit. Thanks for the info and correction.

/ case 446 #10  
The rear PTO kit is an optional piece of equipment that extends the use of the tractor by allowing the owner to power attachments such as a log splitter, rough cut field mower, finishing mower, vacuum units, chipper/shredder and rototiller. However, some of these attachments require a hitch to be added to the tractor so that the attachment functions correctly. It all depends on the attachment. Hitches are also available as a used item on e-bay. Your chances of finding either a hitch or PTO kit for sale in Canada are slim to none.