446 Snowblower parts

/ 446 Snowblower parts #1  

DoktorC

Tractor
Case 446
I've got a 446 with the 48" front mount single stage blower and have managed to strip the teeth off the big sprocket on the auger. It appears that this is all one piece (I honestly didn't look closely yet...I was out of patients at the time) but I'm wondering if anyone has had any success repairing/replacing that gear.

Thanks.

/ 446 Snowblower parts #2  
It is possible to cut the welds that secure the gear in place and then weld an aftermarket gear in place. Any business that sells bearings and other power transmission products will stock a gear that accepts #40 chain with the same amount of teeth. There is no OEM part number for the gear itself, only for the auger with the gear already welded on. Therefore, contacting an Ingersoll dealer would be pointless. Parry Sound should certainly be large enough for you to find a supplier. Check your local Yellow Pages under Bearings or Power Transmission Products.

/ 446 Snowblower parts #4  
I'm looking for the schematics on a 446 snowblower

/ 446 Snowblower parts #5  
I'm looking for the schematics on a 446 snowblower

You use the term "schematic" but I believe that you are actually seeking the parts manual. If so, then this link should give you what you want. Just click on this link and the parts manual will appear.

Runtime Error

Just so you know, the snowcaster came in 48 inch and 38 inch widths. They were essentially identical, except for the width. Both models fit ALL Case garden tractor models with the Snap-Fast mounting pins located at the ends of the frame rails. Over the years, there were minor changes to how the snowcaster was constructed and Case changed the model number from J-84 to J-84 to K-84 and so on until the S-84 version. The link covers all of the snowcaster models.

/ 446 Snowblower parts #6  
Most bearing companys should be able to get the sprocket u need in that tooth configuration., the question is weather they can match the id of the original sprocket. And even If they cant give u the exact number of sprocket teeth,..Its not a wont work situation. but must be withen a couple teeth either way .The inside ID is a concern. You might need a machine shop to make it fit. not a big deal. I can make it work for you,. I think tom will also recommend me, as a go to shop. Eric

/ 446 Snowblower parts #7  
I think tom will also recommend me, as a go to shop. Eric

While I do not know Eric personally, I have seen photos of his projects. In my opinion, Eric is an excellent machinist and I would not hesitate in using his services.

Cheers,

Tom .... aka hydriv