case 210 tractor won't start with new belt on it

/ case 210 tractor won't start with new belt on it #1  

stvbllngsly

Tractor
case 210
folks, this is the truth... i replaced the worn belt with a 4L310, which is a 31" x 1/2". I was told this is what the old belt was when measured at the mower shop and auto supply shop. i put it on but the engine didn't fire. i trickle charged it and 2 hours later, no fire. i removed the belt, kicked in the clutch, and it fired right up. i put the belt back on and started adjusting. no matter how loose or tight i adjusted it (max both ways), no fire. i put the old belt back on. started no problem. since the old belt stayed on, i tried shifting into gears. all grinding. kept adjusting to the point that it would shift into gear but would only move when i pressed the clutch in.
getting kinda frustrated. any suggestions?

/ case 210 tractor won't start with new belt on it #2  
Welcome to TractorByNet :tractor:

/ case 210 tractor won't start with new belt on it #4  
Welcome from Ohio. :welcome: Something is locked up.

/ case 210 tractor won't start with new belt on it #5  
I am having the same issue, was this problem ever figured out? Thank you

/ case 210 tractor won't start with new belt on it #6  
I have the same problem except my old belt broke so I can't put it back on to use it. I find this pretty weird and am at a loss.

/ case 210 tractor won't start with new belt on it #7  
I realize that both of you are new to the site. Please do not be offended when I mention that you have hi-jacked a long-dead thread. Putting that issue behind us, let's move on and see if there is a solution.

First of all, when asking questions about YOUR tractor, it is important to state the model number AND the serial number of the tractor. That way, the correct parts manual can be consulted because those manuals are an important tool when it comes to diagnosing problems. It is also important to tell us WHICH V-belt you are referring to because there is more than just one belt on most of these tractors.

As an example, if your 210 is an early model with a starter/generator, then there is a belt that joins those two items. There is also a belt that connects the output of the engine to the trans-axle. A third belt is used to power the mower deck and a fourth belt is located inside the deck to connect all three blade spindles. The replies to questions on any forum are only as good as the information that is initially supplied.

Taking your car into the dealer and telling the Service Manager that you are unhappy with the way the vehicle drives, does not give the mechanic much to go on. So.... if you want some help, then begin by being more specific. The person who posted this thread originally was certainly not helpful and where did that get him?

/ case 210 tractor won't start with new belt on it #8  
Engine model # k241a
Engine serial # 46708d
Case serial # 9686617

/ case 210 tractor won't start with new belt on it #9  
OK.... your 210 is a 1974. But if you want help, you need to describe the actual problem YOU are having IN DETAIL. There is no crystal ball at this end to magically see your tractor.

/ case 210 tractor won't start with new belt on it #10  
Does not have spark. 12 volts to positive side of coil negative has zero. New coil and condenser. It ran fine when parked not long ago now no spark. Also, has new plug and plug wire. Only other thing changed is it has a new belt from motor to deck mower.