Unknown attachments

/ Unknown attachments #1  

djjeepin

Tractor
Case 444
I recently purchased a new (to me) case 444 and it came with some attachments that I am unable to identify there purpose. Does anyone have any suggestions what these two attachments are used for? Thank you

Attachments

• image-2922213353.jpg
    image-2922213353.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 385
  • image-229563517.jpg
    image-229563517.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 376
   / Unknown attachments #2  
:welcome: to the forum!

The attachment with the plates having serrated edges looks like it would be used for smoothing over dirt that had been tilled or disc'ed, while putting a nice ripple finish on it. KInd of like the way a floating blade does on the backside of a boxblade.

The other attachment looks like it would dig down a few inches and make a mostly "horizontal cut", which would tend to separate the top layer of hardpan, or crust. That would sort of like aerate it maybe?? It kind of looks homemade actually. I've never seen one like that myself but doesn't mean it's not a commercial attachment that was bought somewhere.

Those are my guesses, for what it's worth!

/ Unknown attachments
Thank you for your input. Now I just need to figure out how they attach to the tractor.

/ Unknown attachments #4  
such close cropepd pics with no size ref.. hard to tell anything.

/ Unknown attachments
such close cropepd pics with no size ref.. hard to tell anything.

My apologies there were other pictures that were supposed to be attached. They are about 5-6' long.

Attachments

• image-3576882896.jpg
    image-3576882896.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 266
   / Unknown attachments #8  
Looks to me like they are intended to smooth out a horse arena or track. The one with the "T" pieces sticking down is probbaly to break up the clumps and the other one (used with the spikes down) is to smooth things back out.

As for attachment, might they attach in place of the mower deck?

Aaron Z

/ Unknown attachments
It makes sense that the one with the T bars would mount underneath and then drag the other behind to smooth everything out. It shouldn't be too bad to fabricate something to mount underneath the tractor. I like your idea! Thanks

/ Unknown attachments #10  
It makes sense that the one with the T bars would mount underneath and then drag the other behind to smooth everything out. It shouldn't be too bad to fabricate something to mount underneath the tractor. I like your idea! Thanks
Or else the Tbars mount where the snowblower would go and the other would mount underneath (with the piece in the front going into the front connection point for the mower deck).

Aaron Z