Which plow to use?

/ Which plow to use? #1  

BowlBuilder

Tractor
1985 Case/Ingersoll 448
A friend recently acquired an older Case 444. It does not have the snap fast system, but he plans on buying a later style frame and modifying his tractor for the snap fast setup. I assume it is between the years 1969 - 1971. The tractor has the factory optional hydraulic lift on the right side of the tower and the cylinder on the right side. He wants to buy a blade and I was wondering if he needs one with the lift arm above the axle, below the axle or will either work fine? Thank you very much in advance.

/ Which plow to use? #2  
He can use either style. He just needs to make sure that he gets the bell crank adapter plate with any of the blades that have the lift arm go under the front axle. The H-series blade, which was the very first Snap Fast blade, does not need the adapter plate because the lift arm goes over the front axle.

I think that I may have the measured drawings for the frame brackets.

PS..... Snot got booted from Admin.

/ Which plow to use?
Tom, if you could PM or email me those drawings, I would greatly appreciate it. Like myself, most of my friends are fabricators and have access to free steel and equipment. I'm sure he could easily duplicate whatever is sent. As always, thank you for the information you've provided me. Mail address would be: bowlbuilder1@yahoo.com and again, thank you so much for your help.

I would like to especially thank you for that last bit of info. It absolutely warms my heart and made my day.

Sincerely, Robert Hite

/ Which plow to use? #4  
Robert,

I will have to search for those drawings. I will e-mail them to you as soon as I find them.

I thought that you would get a kick out of that news. ROFLMFAO

As they say....... what goes around can also come around. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving individual. One down and three more to go but unfortunately I don't think that the broom will sweep that wide.

/ Which plow to use? #5  
I don't know, they make some pretty big pushbrooms

LOL

:) Have a good one men!!!

/ Which plow to use? #6  
Robert,
Check your e-mail Inbox. I just sent you the drawings and Service Bulletin

/ Which plow to use?
Thank you very much. Greatly appreciated. Robert