Floyd and the case of the Case 448

/ Floyd and the case of the Case 448 #1  

floyd47

Tractor
case 448
Hey all... Greetings from SE WI. We bought a farm and along with it came an early 80s Case 448( with the cool hoodscoop!) Anyway, as most of the stories go... It used to run. Then, it "needed work " which really was some genius disassembling/disconnecting most of the wiring and mechanical... That being said, I'm up to cleaning up and troubleshooting wiring... That's my story. Glad to be here!
Floyd

/ Floyd and the case of the Case 448
Thanks guys! Nothing like these old Case machines... Quality built stuff. Can't wait to put this thing back in service.

/ Floyd and the case of the Case 448 #5  
Welcome to TractorByNet!

We moved your thread to the Case/Ingersoll forum. :)

/ Floyd and the case of the Case 448 #6  
Hi Floyd47: I think you can find the wiring diagram here: Ingersoll Parts - Ingersoll-Case Tractor Parts
You'll find it in the parts diagrams. I just bought a 1989 Ingersoll 4020 last week. Didn't ask the guy I bought it from too many questions but someone along the way did a lot of the "genius" category of work you mention. After hours of studying the diagrams and blowing them up so I can analyze everything I have it pretty well figured out. Parts are expensive for these things but if you want something worth having you'll go the route. I think it'll be a nice machine but it's going to take some patience, money, and diligence to set it aright. It needs a throttle cable, choke cable can be repaired, and either a rebuild on the pto clutch or a new one or both, and some wiring repair just to start. On the other hand, genuises present a lot of opportunities for someone with patience and skills ( that can be learned), to get themselves a decent machine without spending $10,000 (at least all at once)!