New Branson Owner

/ New Branson Owner #1  

gldwing57

Bronze Member
Tractor
2000 Ford ,3510i
Hello folks I am new to this site but glad to see there is a Branson forum. I just bought a 3510i on Friday. Dealer is suppose to deliver by this Friday. Its got a loader and backhoe.

I have a 2000 series Ford that I use around the place and this should be a great addition. I look forward to using the Branson I could really use the FWD at times.

I have looked over alot of the discussions and this seems like a good place to be I hope to get to know some of you in the future.

/ New Branson Owner #2  
Enjoy!
and welcome to the forum.
you'll be amazed at the amount of work you can get out of that 35 HP.

I've been very pleased with mine over the past year and a half.

good luck and happy new year!

/ New Branson Owner
Thanks Eric, I hope to get some pallet forks soon I bet they come in real handy. Box blade would be great too.

Hope you have a great new year....

/ New Branson Owner #4  
pallet forks have been real handy.
when looking at a box blade, decide what all you want to do with it to help figure out how expensive you need to go.
try to get one 6-12" wider than your back tires, too.
for example, King Kutter is an easy to find, relatively inexpensive, light duty box blade - but if you're not going to be doing a lot of digging in heavy clay type soils, it may be all you need for half the price of a heavier duty unit.

The other nice thing about a box blade is that it gives you some counter weight for loader work - and it's easy to build a bracket to carry concrete block on top of it for even more ballast. You can also go with a variety of dedicated counter weights, but they won't smoothe out the gravel you just placed with the loader quite as well. ;)

Happy New Year to you as well - and have fun playing with your new tractor and bragging about what you do with it on the forum!

/ New Branson Owner #5  
Welcome;
A quick tip on the pallet forks;
Make sure that the tines "match" before you actually take them home, i.e. when mounted to the frame the tines both have the same angle to the ground.
If you get them home and one rides with it's tip 3 or 4 inches above the other you'll find a) its difficult to actually get under pallets b) its difficult to argue that you didn't bend one of them.