/ 3510 #1  

n92687

Tractor
Massey 1533
How much has anyone been able to get off the so called sticker? Has anyone dealing on a year old model been able to get the factory to come down as well as the dealer?

I have been looking at the 3510 and with the nice warranty, it seems quite the value. I have read the posts and seem concerned by the blown hydraulic lines, but I am not sure if they are steel reinforced lines? Has anyone determined why the lines are blowing?

Thanks,

/ 3510 #2  
Welcome to the thread. I've had my 3510 for three years and have had no problems except for very minor ones:

flat front tire (my fault - $35 to have an inner tube installed)
clutch petal return spring ($4 & 1 hour)
Hydro level sight glass leak ($6 & 5 minutes)

Been able to do all the repairs and maintenance myself. I put pretty light duty on mine, but have had no problems with blown lines or anything of that sort, and the engine has never failed to start immediately even at 10 degrees F. Most of the hydro problems I've read about have been with the separate steering tank design that Branson fixed about 4 years ago. Everything works as advertised and nothing shows any sign of getting weaker.

When I bought mine it was nearly a year old new, and they didn't come down much ($400?) from their original asking price which was a bit disappointing until I remembered how much lower that asking price was than any other color of legitimate equipment. Great service from my dealer. No regrets.

Guys might be able to give you better advice if we knew what you were planning to do with your tractor & what part of the county & type of land you live in.

/ 3510 #3  
mine's coming up on 2 years old and all I've had to do was change fluids and repair a flat. (dang honey locust trees!)

no blown hydraulic lines - which is good, because I've used it to move a lot of rock, both wet gravel and slabs of limestone up to the 1500 pound range.

mine was a year old demo with 4.5 hours on it for quite a bit under msrp, but that dealer was also switching over to TYM & Montana.

very comfy to sit in, controls easy to reach, fairly conservative with fuel use, etc...

good luck.

/ 3510 #4  
I've only had my 3510h for about two months now. I've had no trouble what so ever. When considering the price against some other brands think about dollar per pound. That's what sold me:D :D :D

Mark