Tractor
    Branson 4220

Default New Branson 4220 Owner

Well I finally pulled the trigger and purchased a new 4220 with a FEL, forks and a scraper blade. I had been deliberating for a long time as to whether or not I should make such a purchase as I don't make my living with it. I finally convinced myself to bite the bullet by creatively comparing the price of the tractor with back surgery. The tractor won. (hee-hee) I only have 12 hours on the tractor, but the amount of work that I was able to do, on my own time, is staggering. My property looks 1000 percent better and my back feels great. With the front forks, I no longer have to jury-rig heavy items to an engine hoist to move them around. All in all I'm very pleased with my purchase and now I wonder why I waited so long. For those of you combing this site, deliberating whether or not you should, take it from me. Just do it. The mental health and decompression value alone is worth it. Either way, I'm glad to be aboard.

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.
    -Barry Switzer

Default Re: New Branson 4220 Owner

Firehouse,
    Welcome to the site. Glad to see you are a Barry Switzer fan, hopefully an OU fan. I justified buying a Branson when I almost rolled my old Yanmar 2000. I was trying to make it do something, it couldn't. We want even talk about having a FEL and 4-wheel drive. I market garden and have a 1 acre peach orchard. There is no comparison, I can tear up more land than I want.
    JHK Farms
    Maud, OK

Tractor
    04' Branson 4020

Awesome Firehouse! You'll never regret buying a Branson. My 4020 has been wonderful. You have the newer version of my tractor. Mine's the 4020 3 cylinder turbocharged. Back in '04 they used the 35hp Kukje diesel and added the turbo. You're on your way to 3 pt. implements that make working your acreage enjoyable and rewarding work. Here's some pics. of me and my tractor the day I bought it back in '04

Enjoy your new ride!
    To operate:
    Branson 4020 TLB w/thumb
    -Kodiak 72" HD box scraper
    -Lorenz 630 78" snow blower
    -Tytan 6" PTO chipper
    -Modern 60" rotary cutter
    -Rankin 2000 clamp-on forks

Tractor
    04' Branson 4020

I'd never owned a tractor so all self taught. Within a couple weeks I had dug up my first stump and regraded the area. Sorry the pics. aren't in order.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...w-chipper.html
    To operate:
    Branson 4020 TLB w/thumb
    -Kodiak 72" HD box scraper
    -Lorenz 630 78" snow blower
    -Tytan 6" PTO chipper
    -Modern 60" rotary cutter
    -Rankin 2000 clamp-on forks

Gold Member
    Tractor
    TYM T353 HST / TX3500 Loader

Firehouse - Welcome aboard!

The Branson ranks are growing! Lord knows we could use more action in our Forum!

You'll find a ton of things to do on your new ride. My only problem is finding the time to do them (1 full, 2 part-time jobs...). Nonetheless I cannot wait for the "intermittent wetlands" to dry out enough to hook up the 5' cutter and hit the shooting lanes for the first cutting...the marsh grass doesn't stand a chance!

Lunk
    TYM T353 HST w/TX3500 Loader / Faver SCX526LT Grapple / Woods BB60X Rotary Mower

Silver Member

Welcome aboard! I too live in CT. Who did you use for a dealer? I love my 4720. Here are some pics,
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Branson 4720 TLB with Thumb/John Deer 310/Mcormick Deering W-4

Tractor
    branson 42201i

can anyone tell me why my hours meter would have stopped working?