Branson 2910i, starts rough

/ Branson 2910i, starts rough
Thanks to all who provided help on this. Here's how it got resolved.
It seems that Branson first designed the larger 3510, then the 2910 variant was created to fill a marketing niche by little more than reducing the cylinder size. The same amount of fuel is injected when starting, so the 2910 is prone to flooding. This may be true of other families of tractors in the Branson line as well such as the 4220/4720, most of the engineering being done on the largest of that series. The dealer was very helpful. After several attempts at a fix, he sorted out a good deal for me to trade up to a 3510i. It starts much easier. For most owners, a block heater should pretty much solve it. But we are off grid, I want it to start easily at least down to freezing.

Last edited:
   / Branson 2910i, starts rough #22  
I'm glad you solved your problem. You should have no trouble with the 3510 starting in cold weather. Mine hasn't missed a beat down to the low 20's.

Mark

/ Branson 2910i, starts rough #23  
Miy 3510i started like a charm for the first few years, I turn key on twice to double glow plug time. Last couple of months it barely starts with a cloud of white smoke and knocking, even after 3 key turns. I need to check the glow plugs.