Oil & Fuel Fuel pick up problem?

/ Fuel pick up problem? #1  

gldwing57

Bronze Member
Tractor
2000 Ford ,3510i
I live in southern WV thus some hilly ground. If I am mowing on a hillside with the left hand side of tractor leaning with fuel away from the filler I have to keep the tractor almost full to keep it running. I could have 3 to four gallons in the tank and it still starve for fuel.All I do is add fuel and off she goes.

Is this a common with this tractor or is there a problem. On my 2000 series Ford I can almost run it out of fuel on a hill before I have a problem with fuel pic up.

Its not that big of a deal but I cant really go by thefuel gauge it will read half full or so but I loose pressure if it gets down much. If its level I dont have the problem.

/ Fuel pick up problem? #2  
I live in southern WV thus some hilly ground. If I am mowing on a hillside with the left hand side of tractor leaning with fuel away from the filler I have to keep the tractor almost full to keep it running. I could have 3 to four gallons in the tank and it still starve for fuel.All I do is add fuel and off she goes.

Is this a common with this tractor or is there a problem. On my 2000 series Ford I can almost run it out of fuel on a hill before I have a problem with fuel pic up.

Its not that big of a deal but I cant really go by thefuel gauge it will read half full or so but I loose pressure if it gets down much. If its level I dont have the problem.

I'd have the fuel pick-up checked out. It could be out of whack. I'm not familiar with the inside of my tank though... I've run mine on some hilly terrain with no issues.

I don't sidehill often though, as it's generally a safety no-no, as well as simply not comfortable for me to do...call me paranoid.

My .02

Lunk

/ Fuel pick up problem?
Thanks Lunk I will check it out