Branson's FEL and Quick Release

/ Branson's FEL and Quick Release #1  

Ace Ford

Tractor
Branson 2810
Howdy gang. My Branson has the BL10-A quick release, which isn't compatible with the skid steer. Very easy to use, one quick handle, etc. but the Branson prices on some attachments are a bit pricey (over 500.00 for a bale spear). I had a local welder frabricate one for me (very heavy duty) for 300.00. Didn't quite fit first try, he's making an "adjustment" today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works. :)

/ Branson's FEL and Quick Release
Welder made the adjustments and it fits GREAT. :)

/ Branson's FEL and Quick Release #3  
Howdy gang. My Branson has the BL10-A quick release, which isn't compatible with the skid steer. Very easy to use, one quick handle, etc. but the Branson prices on some attachments are a bit pricey (over 500.00 for a bale spear). I had a local welder frabricate one for me (very heavy duty) for 300.00. Didn't quite fit first try, he's making an "adjustment" today or tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works. :)

The one thing I made sure of when I purchased, was that I got the BL10-S Loader, which is compatible with any standard duty Skid-Steer quick attach. I wanted some flexibility in attachment purchase...

Love the Branson!

/ Branson's FEL and Quick Release #4  
Could you please attach a photo or drawing of how this was accomplished?

/ Branson's FEL and Quick Release #5  
I would guess that the skid steer hook-up is still available.
Mine was a no cost option when I bought the tractor/loader, though mine happens to be a Humpolec loader.

It should be a simple swap out at the ends of the loader arms and bucket cylinders, 4 pins.

I posted the contact info for the company that took over American Jawa's on hand inventory in Harrisburg when they (& Century) went belly up.
They are in the old premises, have the old phone numbers, etc.

/ Branson's FEL and Quick Release #6  
A lot more $$$s than I expected, here;
Everything Attachments - Skid Steer Attachments, Tractor Attachments, 3 Point Hitch Attachments
I should add that everythingattachments isn't the cheapest place around and ATI is not a bottom of the barrel manufacturer.
You would have to check with them for arm spacing (MAJOR) and pin sizes (minor).
Contacting ATI directly for would probably work too, they should have a compatibility and fit list.

It would probably be worth an e-bay search for something similar (& cheaper).

/ Branson's FEL and Quick Release #7  
Here's a little tip about Horst welding.
I was looking for a skid steer to 3 pt adapter and EVENTUALLY found their price list.
This is odd, the Century C50 and C50HL are listed as price schedule A, but he Branson BL's are listed as price schedule B.
On the item I was interested in the difference is ~$590 to ~$720 {I don't remember exactly and don't have the page up right now, but it was DEFINITELY under 600 to over 700}

So, ask for the Century price.

/ Branson's FEL and Quick Release
Could you please attach a photo or drawing of how this was accomplished?

Saul,

Here's the info used and some photos. It'll be WAY more info than you'll ever need but if you start with the fel bracket sketch you'll see the dimensions of the bracket needed for a Branson attachment. The FEL quick attach 2 shows the problem we worked thru. Basically, the welder built a frame out of 2 inch box metal, then attached the fabricated brackets--but instead of welding the brackets directly to the box metal frame, he welded them onto a flat plate about 4 inches wide and then welded THAT onto the box frame. That meant the lower points of the fel attachment hit the flat plate (see bale spear 5). All that was required was to cut the flat plate back even with the box frame and it all fit.

Ken

Attachments

• bale spear 1.jpg
    bale spear 1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 622
  • bale spear 2.jpg
    bale spear 2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 520
  • bale spear 3.jpg
    bale spear 3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 441
  • bale spear 5.jpg
    bale spear 5.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 581
  • fel bracket sketch.JPG
    fel bracket sketch.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 714
  • FEL quick attach 2.jpg
    FEL quick attach 2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,365
   / Branson's FEL and Quick Release #9  
So, it is still a Euro connector, but it now fits a Euro implement.

Seems it would have been better to change it out for a skid steer style one and save on all future implements - or have a welder make up a Euro implement to Skid Steer connector "converter" so you could use BOTH types.

/ Branson's FEL and Quick Release #10  
Thanks for the diagrams and photo's