engine with bearing failure

/ engine with bearing failure #1  

Tractor
Zetor 3011 / MF165 / Deutz D30S
Hello,
I registered just now in this forum. On a search for zetor fans/owners i encountered this forum.:)
I recently purchased a zetor 3011 with that engine problem. I am in process to repair it. It's already a part. I have no Owners manual nor parts list for that tractor.
For that reason i am looking for a list of
bolt torques and other technical details.
Perhaps someone can help me.

Regards
Tony

Last edited:
   / engine with bearing failure #2  
Hello,
I registered just now in this forum. On a search for zetor fans/owners i encountered this forum.:)
I recently purchased a zetor 3011 with that engine problem. I am in process to repair it. It's already a part. I have no Owners manual nor parts list for that tractor.
For that reason i am looking for a list of
bolt torques and other technical details.
Perhaps someone can help me.

Regards
Tony

I would just use a standard bolt torque table.
If you don't have one it should be possible to find quickly on the web.
There is a cylinder head bolt tightening sequence that I reproduced here a while ago, but I don't know if the 3011 has same/similar engine to that.

This thread;
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/zetor-century-branson/104806-century-2035-manuals-2.html
might help, I had forgotten that the torque figures were quoted there.

I have shop manuals for Kukje built tractors, but they are in storage at this time.

/ engine with bearing failure #3  
BTW, try asking for help here too;
Zetorworld forum
There are a few threads on the 3011.

I think Renze will welcome you (-:

/ engine with bearing failure
Hi Reg,
thanks for your advice.:)

all,
a short up Date overhauling my Zetor engine.
I have put the crankshaft to the maschine shop yesterday for grinding.
But got bad news, one bearing pin is so badly damaged they can not grind it anymore.:mad:
So i am looking for a used or new crankshaft and a con rod as well.

Reg,
I placed a post at zetorworld too, but no response until now.

Attachments

• PICT3317.jpg
    PICT3317.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 1,002
  • PICT3335.jpg
    PICT3335.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 893
Last edited:
   / engine with bearing failure #6  
That is a nice tractor, you are lucky. Nice work on the rebuild. Renze will eventually respond. He can probably locate the crank shaft as well. He is not too far from you, Netherlands or Belgium I think.

/ engine with bearing failure #7  
3011;

I hope you can find the parts you need. That crank journal may be repairable by welding and regrinding. Can't say much about the rod though. Good luck.

SimS

/ engine with bearing failure #8  
What does the cyl wall look like from that scored piston? What does the rod and cap look like? Was there still a bearing in the rod assembly? That journal does not look as bad as your piston, and if all else fails try to clean it up and check to see if the bearing clearance is within tolerance. Its OK to laugh, because I did. I have put one four cyl truck engine together (at the request of the customer) with two journals that were worse than yours. I cleaned them very well with fine paper, plasti-gaged the rod bearings, and torqued it down. The engine was so tight that the starter would not turn it, but we started the engine by towing it down the road an popping the clutch. After running the engine for several hours at an idle, we shut her off and it started with the starter. We changed the oil again and, laughing, said "good-bye" with no guarantee's to the customer. I didn't believe it when the customer drove in 5k miles later for an oil change. If you cannot find a new crankshaft, try it, short of a short/long block, you have nothing to loose.

Hi fjp2,
the cylinder wall isn't really bad. They are even exchangeable. But the pistons come in sets together with piston pin and cylinder sleeve. No big difference in price. So i going to buy it complete.
The bigger problem is the crankshaft.
There was no bearing /shelf in the rod anymore. The previous Owner took it out. The journal of the crankshaft is oval grinded and there is about 1,8 millimeter metal from the journal shaved away the guy at the mashine shop said. There are no bearing shelf on the market who can equalize the difference.
I got a address from a parts dealer in the Czech Republic from where i will get a quote for most of the parts after new Year.

well i wish you and everybody
Merry Christmas and happy new Year

Last edited:
   / engine with bearing failure #10  
3011, the bad connecting rod bearing journal can be welded up, and then reground back to stock specifications. You need to find a shop with a stellar reputation for this type of work. You may find a useable crankshaft before you need this fall back position. Good Luck!

http://www.crankshaftco.com/crankshaft-welding.html