Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elite Member

Default Re: Branson - Who makes it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    do you know where I can obtain bottom end bearings etc for a Branson 4720i it has a cummins in it but Cummins or branson will not identify the engine or cross refernce it.
    Try here;
    Valenti's Vintage Vehicles dba Valenti's Tractor

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    do you know where I can obtain bottom end bearings etc for a Branson 4720i it has a cummins in it but Cummins or branson will not identify the engine or cross refernce it.
    Any Branson dealer can get these. Or are you saying they are backordered or something? Keep in mind that for some reason some genius at Branson decided to sell them by halves. So if you order 4 rod bearings, you get enough for 2 rods. Go figure.
    Dave
    Dave's Tractor, Inc.
    Red Bluff, California

Tractor
    Branson 6530C

Lets clarify something and set conjecture and SWAGS aside.

My tractor is a 6530C 4wd., with a 30 loader and cab. It is a 2007 model and was built by Kukje in S. Korea as others have stated. The engine is a Cummins B3.3 (liter...200 cu in 4 cyl naturally aspired). It's made in Japan by Komatsu (the heavy equipment you see next to Cat at construction sites) under license from Cummins. The plate on the engine says so!

The 6530 is no longer mfg'd. by Kukje and the replacement (6630) is of a different design. No Cummins engine. The info about Kukje making tractors for Branson is true. The 1968 startup is true. Branson changes their designs and equipment therein so just like other equipment, before you talk about what the tractors have or don't have you have to pay attention to the model and serial numbers.

History of why I went with the badge:

Back in the spring of '07 I wanted a new tractor for my little spread as I had retired and the big stuff was way too much for me. Being senior, I wanted the comfort of a cab for both seasons and surely wanted a loader. 4wd was a must as when compared to a 2wd can do a whole lot more work with less HP rating (efficiency).....comparison made to a 100 hp JD 4230c 2wd I had at the time. Additionally, when working pool banks and when the loader is full of gravel, the 4wd front end was a must.

I visited my local popular colors: Blue, Green, Orange, and Red/black and found nothing that suited me. I gave up looking. In September '07 I was driving down the interstate and saw a row of good looking red tractors. The rest is history.

The tractor has been everything I wanted and expected. It is built like a tank and performs as such. I would buy it again.

The distribution is via dealerships with at least 2 parts warehouses in the US (Georgia and TX and may be one in CA.). The main office is over in Georgia and I guess that is the "POE". They do not do customer business from there....dealers are for that. Since I have Titan tires on mine I assume they ship the tractors over here with no tires. Makes for an incomplete tractor for import duty purposes. If you google map their GA. site you will see piles of tire/wheel assy's stacked there.

2 summers ago I was mowing a neighbor's field and was not familiar with it. I got into some rocks with my drum mower and threw one at the RT hand door of my cab and shattered it. I called my local dealer and he said they had 6 in the warehouse in Plainview, TX. I had it via UPS in just a few days. Nothing wrong with their customer support.

Those are the facts from a satisfied owner.

Mark

Tractor
    Branson 6640C

Quote Originally Posted by Texasmark1 View Post
    Lets clarify something and set conjecture and SWAGS aside.

My tractor is a 6530C 4wd., with a 30 loader and cab. It is a 2007 model and was built by Kukje in S. Korea as others have stated. The engine is a Cummins B3.3 (liter...200 cu in 4 cyl naturally aspired). It's made in Japan by Komatsu (the heavy equipment you see next to Cat at construction sites) under license from Cummins. The plate on the engine says so!

The 6530 is no longer mfg'd. by Kukje and the replacement (6630) is of a different design. No Cummins engine. The info about Kukje making tractors for Branson is true. The 1968 startup is true. Branson changes their designs and equipment therein so just like other equipment, before you talk about what the tractors have or don't have you have to pay attention to the model and serial numbers.

History of why I went with the badge:

Back in the spring of '07 I wanted a new tractor for my little spread as I had retired and the big stuff was way too much for me. Being senior, I wanted the comfort of a cab for both seasons and surely wanted a loader. 4wd was a must as when compared to a 2wd can do a whole lot more work with less HP rating (efficiency).....comparison made to a 100 hp JD 4230c 2wd I had at the time. Additionally, when working pool banks and when the loader is full of gravel, the 4wd front end was a must.

I visited my local popular colors: Blue, Green, Orange, and Red/black and found nothing that suited me. I gave up looking. In September '07 I was driving down the interstate and saw a row of good looking red tractors. The rest is history.

The tractor has been everything I wanted and expected. It is built like a tank and performs as such. I would buy it again.

The distribution is via dealerships with at least 2 parts warehouses in the US (Georgia and TX and may be one in CA.). The main office is over in Georgia and I guess that is the "POE". They do not do customer business from there....dealers are for that. Since I have Titan tires on mine I assume they ship the tractors over here with no tires. Makes for an incomplete tractor for import duty purposes. If you google map their GA. site you will see piles of tire/wheel assy's stacked there.

2 summers ago I was mowing a neighbor's field and was not familiar with it. I got into some rocks with my drum mower and threw one at the RT hand door of my cab and shattered it. I called my local dealer and he said they had 6 in the warehouse in Plainview, TX. I had it via UPS in just a few days. Nothing wrong with their customer support.

Those are the facts from a satisfied owner.

Mark
    You are correct in the statement that the 6530 is no longer manufactured. I believe it was replaced with the 6640 and not a 6630. I have a 6640C and its true, its built like a tank. It does all I could ask of a tractor in that size, weigh and H/P.

Elite Member

In a nutshell;
    Branson, Century, Kukje are overbuilt and under appreciated.

Kukje, Komatsu AND OTHERS build Cummins designed engines in various countries under license .

Silver Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3032e,Snapper Pro SW20 and s200, Stihl Handhelds, BCS 830, Yamaha Rhino 700, 2 - Gravely 5260, New Holland LS 45 , 6,10 by 14 Trailer , Woods BH 6000 Towable Backhoe, Honda 21 Self Propelled, Exmark Commercial 21and shop full of tools

I wish we had a Branson Dealer around here in Central WV - I believe they would sell good for a price and quility stand point. I use to see alot of them around the Greene / Washington County PA area when traveling through there.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Mattc8832 View Post
    I wish we had a Branson Dealer around here in Central WV - I believe they would sell good for a price and quility stand point. I use to see alot of them around the Greene / Washington County PA area when traveling through there.
    Near Beckley, WV is a Branson dealer. Farley tractor located in Shady Spring, WV
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    Branson 6530C

Quote Originally Posted by Mattc8832 View Post
    A little brand recognition may do just do that. Just as I did, once you see what they have to offer it solicits your attention. Soooooo I am trying to do that with pictures and quality/performance/attributes verbiage in my postings here and in the Yesterday's Tractors Forum. My nearest dealer is about 50 miles away, but that is not a problem as I order parts through them, the few parts I needed, and they drop ship them to the house via UPS and invoice my credit card. The Plainview warehouse is where my parts originate. Course you need a dealer to see, feel, and haggle over one. Grin.

Otherwise it would be an accident as was with me, driving down the Istate one day and saw this row of good looking red tractors. Did a Uturn and the rest is history.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12