Branson - Who makes it ?

/ Branson - Who makes it ? #1  

dullpain

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kioti CK4010SE HST, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.
Did a little searching but could not find what I needed. Anybody that can give me a brief account of Branson tractors it would be appreciated.

Who makes them , what country , what engine and what country , how long in business , etc.

many thanks

/ Branson - Who makes it ? #2  
Company that makes them is called "Kukje". They are a south Korean company owned by "Dongkuk Steel Group", the second largest steel producer in South Korea. They manufacture their own diesel engines and also supply engines to Cummins. From What I can tell they have been in the Farm equipment business since 1968.
Here are a couple of links to information.

Cummins Announces Partnership With Kukje Machinery Co.; South Korean Firm Is Nation's Largest Manufacturer of Agricultural Machinery

Dongkuk Steel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps

Mark

/ Branson - Who makes it ? #3  
They (Branson) firmly deny that they use "Cummins" engines.
They were downright rude to me about it, but did eventually agree that the engine was of Cummins basic design - but, they insisted, MADE BY KUKJE !

Anyway, according to models they also use Yanmar and Mitsubishi engines - or should I say designs based on those but produced by Kukje ?

You will find this to be quite common, Kukje make or has made several tractor models that have green paint and JD decals on them, many of the New Holland tractors are in fact made by Iseki, etc.

I started to track down the transmission and rear end makers as well, but all the notes from that were on a computer that is no longer used and for which I don't have a usable backup (for those folders).
It looked very much like the auto industry, assembly plants that buy in all their major components, with a lot of component commonality.
Don't expect MAJOR differences in the principle components as you compare brands.

/ Branson - Who makes it ? #4  
The engines are Kukje, but they do manufacture small diesels for Cummins...IIRC

/ Branson - Who makes it ? #5  
I haven't seen Cummins advertised for the Kukje/Branson tractors. They DO use Caterpillar/Perkins engines (have been advertised as both, remember Cat owns Perkins), and also John Deere engines in their tractors. Kukje does mfg some John Deere tractors in S.Korea.

/ Branson - Who makes it ? #6  
I haven't seen Cummins advertised for the Kukje/Branson tractors. They DO use Caterpillar/Perkins engines (have been advertised as both, remember Cat owns Perkins), and also John Deere engines in their tractors. Kukje does mfg some John Deere tractors in S.Korea.

I think you will find it to be the other way around.
Kukje manufactures diesel engines of Cummins design (base design at least) under license from Cummins.
BTW I have one, as well as the shop manuals covering the Cummins, Mitsubishi and Yanmar engines they use.
Cat/Perkins is a relatively recent addition.

/ Branson - Who makes it ? #7  
They (Branson) firmly deny that they use "Cummins" engines.
They were downright rude to me about it, but did eventually agree that the engine was of Cummins basic design - but, they insisted, MADE BY KUKJE !....

Kukje manufactures diesel engines of Cummins design (base design at least) under license from Cummins.

This is true. They Mfg. Cummins engines under license for Cummins. The "A" series I believe. Kukje is probably under some contractual limitation preventing them from using the Cummins name in their products. They also probably have limited rights to use some of the Cummins designs or technology in their own products.

/ Branson - Who makes it ? #8  
This is true. They Mfg. Cummins engines under license for Cummins. The "A" series I believe. Kukje is probably under some contractual limitation preventing them from using the Cummins name in their products. They also probably have limited rights to use some of the Cummins designs or technology in their own products.

Yep, they build the engines for Cummins and install the same engine in the tractor, but if they want to use the Cummins logo and have the right to advertise same, it cost $600 per tractor. The Cummins name is valuable, but I'd rather not spend that much extra when you only get a decal.

Branson makes a real good solid tractor.

/ Branson - Who makes it ? #9  
I wouldn't want a Cummins engine in my truck if it had to be a Dodge but I sure do like it in my Branson.

/ Branson - Who makes it ? #10  
do you know where I can obtain bottom end bearings etc for a Branson 4720i it has a cummins in it but Cummins or branson will not identify the engine or cross refernce it.