Grading Scraper blade - how wide?

/ Scraper blade - how wide? #1  

Canuck_49

Tractor
Branson 3510i
Hey Guys - I'm shopping for a scraper blade for my 3510i and was wondering what width you guys were using.

I'd like to get a 7' but don't want to overload the tractor. Would a 6' be a better choice?

/ Scraper blade - how wide? #3  
Hey Guys - I'm shopping for a scraper blade for my 3510i and was wondering what width you guys were using.

I'd like to get a 7' but don't want to overload the tractor. Would a 6' be a better choice?

I've got the Landpride RB3584 (84") blade for my 3510h. Using it mainly to maintain a 1400' gravel drive, I have no problem with power. A six foot blade won't cover your tracks when angled. Hope this helps.

Mark

/ Scraper blade - how wide?
Thanks Guys; helpful info as always on this board and it's appreciated.

Hopefully I'll soon be able to contribute too!

Canuck

/ Scraper blade - how wide? #5  
Just wondering since I have been thinking of getting a rear blade also...my tractor is 6 feet wide.

I was thinking about a 7 foot blade. Do you guys that have 7 foot blades...do they cover a 6 foot width at 45 degrees? Or would it be an 8 footer at 45 degrees to cover a 6 foot width? Opinions?

/ Scraper blade - how wide? #7  
I think it de[pends upon what your attempting to move with the blade.

If I liked plowing snow with a rear blade, I'd look at an 8 footer. If I intended to do much dirt work, a 7 footer. depends upon HP and weight of the tractor too...

/ Scraper blade - how wide?
I think it de[pends upon what your attempting to move with the blade.

If I liked plowing snow with a rear blade, I'd look at an 8 footer. If I intended to do much dirt work, a 7 footer. depends upon HP and weight of the tractor too...

Not much snow to move in Florida. :laughing:
I 'm about 1/2 mile off the pavement so would be helping my neighbors maintain the dirt road. Plus my lane is about 500 ft. long as well.
Sounds like a 7 footer is the way to go.

/ Scraper blade - how wide? #10  
Just thinking about a scraper blade some more...you could put it up front with a 3 point attachment plate, (rotate it around 180 degrees and angle it). Then have more control using the blade...curl, etc.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/142456-3-point-hitch-loader-arms.html

Hmmm...

Strictly an uneducated opinion here, but I would think that may put alot of stress on the loader arms. Might be O.K. with snow, but I would hestitate before I used it like a dozer blade in the dirt.

Mark