Century 2535

/ Century 2535 #1  

tdphilyaw

I have a Century 2535 with about 200 hrs. Yesterday when I began to bushhog I notice oil streaming out from under the tractor. I immediately shut it off to look for the source. I discovered a hose which originates near the oil fill area. I lifted the oil dipstick and oil flowed from there like it is under pressure. I tried to start it to see if it would turn over and it would not. I called a friend and we are guessing there is a solinoid/switch malfunction, which is causing the engine get under pressure. I was able to get the engine to fire 3 hrs later, but then the hydrolics wouldn't operate.

Any suggestions?

Tyson

/ Century 2535 #2  
What kind of oil, engine or hydraulic fluid? Can you post pics of the hose and it's location on the tractor? The engine oil should not be under pressure at the dipstick.

Was the hose the source of the oil leak? How?

/ Century 2535
Thanks for the questions:

It was Engine oil and the hose was the source.

Someone stated the hose is a type of pressure relief for the crankcase?

I will try and get some pictures.

/ Century 2535
I did some additional research and it seems to be the Crankcase Ventilation Valve that is clogged.

I spoke to a dealer in VA, and he said I have two of these vents under the seat. Upon inspection, one was not connected. It is now reconnected but tractor is still operating under incorrect pressure.

I am going to completely drain the oil to see if that may be one of the issues.

Does anyone has experience with crankcase vents?

/ Century 2535 #5  
Hmmm....confused....

Engine oil and crank case are totally different. The crankcase oil is actually hydraulic fluid. Not sure how you could confuse these. The crank case on these tractors also acts as the hydraulic system reservoir, and I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be under pressure either.

/ Century 2535
OK - drained the engine oil - 8+ quarts, way too much. I personally changed the oil during the winter, so I feel confident I didn't add more than the recommended amount, but I am human. Anyway after the oil was changed and replaced, it is running fine, except for the hydrolics.

I took off the FEL and bushog. Ordered a new Hydro filter, and I will replace the fluid and filter tonight. A running tractor is worthless without the hydrolics in my opinion.

/ Century 2535
Here is what I think is going on......Possible stuck relief valve in hydraulic controller, caused the hydraulic pump seal to blow, allowing the hyrdraulic fluid to get into the motor oil.

Getting the pump and controller valves rebuilt....cross your fingers

does this sound plausable?