Branson 4720i or LS R4020

/ Branson 4720i or LS R4020 #1  

jakeb47

I've narrowed my search down to one of the above tractors. Have been quoted what I believe to be an excellent price by the LS dealer. I really like the tractor. I've down sized and will be using the tractor to rake hay and move rould bales (winter feeding) and loader work. Price includes Tractor (SS transmission), Loader with R1's. I've sat on and liked a Branson 4720 (haven't had an oportunity to discuss price yet with the Branson Dealer). Might sound strange but I perfered the Branson fuel tank location (low and on the left side) over the LS. The LS has also been sold as a MC CT47 and as a Montana R4944 as well. Now my question to all you knowledgeable folks, What tractor would you go with and why? Pros and cons of both. Thanks in advance.

/ Branson 4720i or LS R4020 #2  
I'm still a newbie so my opinion is worth what you pay for it, but here it is anyway. I also looked at the McCormick CT47 before buying a Branson 4720h. I'm sure either of these tractors would be fine for what you are doing, but for me it came down to price and dealer. The specs are pretty similar with the exception of weight, so the dealer should be a big factor.

To me, the McCormick had better ergonomics and seemed to be a newer design, but felt smaller. It also comes standard with two rear remotes. I never got the chance to drive one, but I've read comments on how quiet the Mitsubishi engine is, while the Branson seemed a bit noisy (not too bad though).

On the other hand, the Branson weighs about 500lbs more (weight=traction), has a great turning radius, and felt more substantial to me. I'm not sure where you're at on price, but you can look at the thread I started a while ago to see what I paid. The McCormick that I priced was almost $4000 more. Of course, that could just be due to the dealer.

If you are interested in hydrostat, Branson was offering a larger rebate on the hydro tractors and my dealer mentioned that the hydro wasn't much more than shuttle shift. Something you might ask about. Good luck.

/ Branson 4720i or LS R4020 #3  
Both are excellent tractors, the LS does have a 16Fx16R vs the Branson's 12Fx12R Transmission, probably not a big deal, in my opinion the LS R4020 has a better operators station. Parts availability and pricing should be alot better with LS, they are supporting LS, Montana & Mccormick tractors here in the US.

/ Branson 4720i or LS R4020 #4  
I own a 4720i. What a great tractor....Heavy, Powerful, Well built, Reliable... with flawless performance to 120+ hours. To date...I am very happy with my purchase. If you have not visited this site you might enjoy reading about Kukje and their 42 years of agricultural equipment. [url=http://kukje21.co.kr/
Click English at the top of page, then pull down Products and view video media.
Happy shopping.

Last edited:
   / Branson 4720i or LS R4020 #5  
New Branson 4720? for sale in classified with only 9 hours on the clock. Check it out. Private seller, no sales tax. Discount price. Eddie Walker has a Branson, and it has been a good machine for him.

/ Branson 4720i or LS R4020 #6  
I also looked at the McCormick CT47 before buying a Branson 4720h.

You may have made the right choice. At least some McCormick owners don't appear to be very happy.

ASC_5151%5B1%5D.JPG

:laughing: I kid ... Sorry, I know nothing about McCormick tractors.

/ Branson 4720i or LS R4020 #8  
You may have made the right choice. At least some McCormick owners don't appear to be very happy.

ASC_5151%5B1%5D.JPG

:laughing: I kid ... Sorry, I know nothing about McCormick tractors.

Looks like one of the Stepford Wives:D

/ Branson 4720i or LS R4020 #9  
Got my laugh for the day with that "happy tractor" driver. I sold a J.D. 50 series with cab three years ago. Was not using it much. Less than 100 hours after three years. The guy who bought it from me paid with a sack of cash. There was a new Branson dealer about three miles from the house so I stopped there on the way home and looked at the tractors. I was impressed. Heavy castings. Lots of features. Decent ergonomics. The dealer did not last but three years later and 100 hours on my tractor I will say it is probably the best tractor purchase I have ever made. And I have bought well over 20 new tractors from Ford, New Holland, Deere, Kubota. I found another dealer who is a pretty good distance from me. They corrected two defects that have occured and serviced the unit flawlessly. Thompson Equipment in Wills Point,Tx top notch service. The loader has great lift capacity. It will lift the large round bales even when wet without the rear end getting light. Good luck with your purchase.