Tires Power steering tank

/ Power steering tank #1  

jgreen

Tractor
Branson 2810 w/FEL, JD 40S
Hi Folks,

I have a 2004, Branson 2810 and while pusing snow yesterday, I noticed the power steering tank is starting to crack. No leaks yet but only a matter of time. I did a quick search on the power steering tanks and some of the older post mentioned a update kit to eliminate the power steering tank. Is there a kit to update the tank? I no longer have a Branson dealer close by to ask and with the tractor being a 2004 and with 280 hours, I doubt it is under warranty. Good tractor and very happy, just need to take of this item before it sprouts a leak.

Thanks,

/ Power steering tank #2  
Here you go. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 739
   / Power steering tank #3  
straight up.

Attachments

• IMG_0560.jpg
    IMG_0560.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 634
   / Power steering tank
Zork,

Thanks for the information. I hope to work on it this weekend providing it warms up a bit. No heat in the shed!!!!!

/ Power steering tank #5  
You bet. I got that document for mine but my tank has shown no sign of deterioration yet. Also, I see it was available as an upgrade "UNDER WARRANTY" if I had read that I would have gotten it done years ago. Let us all know how hard it is. It appears the trans-axle will need to be drained, somewhere around 9 gals. Good luck!

/ Power steering tank #6  
Hi Folks,

I have a 2004, Branson 2810 and while pusing snow yesterday, I noticed the power steering tank is starting to crack. No leaks yet but only a matter of time. I did a quick search on the power steering tanks and some of the older post mentioned a update kit to eliminate the power steering tank. Is there a kit to update the tank? I no longer have a Branson dealer close by to ask and with the tractor being a 2004 and with 280 hours, I doubt it is under warranty. Good tractor and very happy, just need to take of this item before it sprouts a leak.

Thanks,

Three ways to go. Replace with a plastic tank...bad idea. Replumb...good idea but a bit of work. Replace with a new metal tank, easy, maybe not as slick as replumbing, but it is simple and it will last. I think the plastic tanks are about $35 and the metal tanks about $100.

/ Power steering tank #7  
Three ways to go. Replace with a plastic tank...bad idea. Replumb...good idea but a bit of work. Replace with a new metal tank, easy, maybe not as slick as replumbing, but it is simple and it will last. I think the plastic tanks are about $35 and the metal tanks about $100.

Bill's Tractor sells the metal tank for $86.00

/ Power steering tank #8  
you don't need the tank just do the bypass for it,you can call branson for the kit or just get the part list off the info posted,and i think it was like $20.in total parts,but i would wait till you have to change you hydr filter if your tanks not leaking.and when you do it clean your screen too..good luck.if you need a parts list just letr me know..

/ Power steering tank #9  
My tank has just started leaking and is ready to give up the ghost. Time to do the bypass project.

/ Power steering tank #10  
I'm debating whether I want to do the tank or the bypass kit. Online, the tank information says that modification (slight?) may be necessary and for that money, from the company, it should be a correct fit. Second is the idea of the bypass kit and the counter guy I talked to never heard of it. The tractor has several vulnerable fittings below already; do I want to add another one?

Any thoughts?