Price Check price on a Century 3045

/ price on a Century 3045 #1  

Anonymous Poster

First of all, let me say Thank You to everyone that has been supplying all the information and opinions on the tractors available out there. I am trying to decide between 3 tractors right now. The local Century/Kioti dealer priced a 3045 with a C40 loader for $17,600. He said it included a $900 rebate that lasts until the end of February. I have heard people talk about the C50 loader, but not about the C40. How much difference is there in the two of them? The C40 has a 66 inch bucket on it. He also priced a 6' bush hog (house brand), 6' box blade, and 6' rock rake for a total of $18,900. It doesn't seem like a bad deal, but I just don't know if it is a good deal. The other tractors I am looking at are a used JD 4600 and a new TC40. Any input you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

/ price on a Century 3045 #2  
Century Loader Chart
236406-Century%20Loaders.jpg

Attachments

• 236406-Century Loaders.jpg
    236406-Century Loaders.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 436
   / price on a Century 3045 #3  
All other factors being equal, the C-50 is the way to go. The mounting is much stronger than the C-40, not that those are weak. The bucket and loader also come off easier. By all things being equal , I mean if you're loosing the rebate and there's the $900 difference plus the cost difference between the two, I would evaluate it. You don't say how much the TC40 is or any details on the JD so it's hard to advise on that aspect.
Pacesetter

/ price on a Century 3045 #4  
Hey John,

Any ideas as to why the specs overall for the C40 look better than the C50? Yes the C50 is a bit heavier and a bit more height,but for working angles the C40 is superior it looks like. Is the C40 4-bar linkage and the C50 not? If so that would explain the differences in angles acheived.

/ price on a Century 3045 #5  
pharmboy,
That sounds a little on the high end, but not terrible bad. If you can get the C50 without spending to much or losing the rebate do it. It is one stout unit, and it does come off easy. The hardest and longest step is unhooking the hyd. hoses. Other than that it's just a matter of dropping the two stands, pull two levers and back a way

/ price on a Century 3045 #6  
Pharmboy
The C-50 also has a nicer joystick that is mounted on the fender. As for the rebate I asume you are paying cash becuase the rebate is related to not using the low rate finacing. You will not be sorry with either set up (C-40/C-50)
Good Luck
Chipperman

/ price on a Century 3045 #7  
It appears the C-50 is going to be used across the entire line and has been designed for that... ( one loader to stock vs multiple for the dealer)

/ price on a Century 3045
Thanks for all the input. As far as the JD 4600, it is a hydro model, industrial tires, 2 rear hydro couplers, foldable ROPS, and has a woods FEL with a 60 inch bucket. The price on it is $15,400, but it has 1662 hours on it (1999 model). It is being sold on a local car lot, so dealer support after the sale will be non-existent. The TC40 is still in the negotiating phase. At least I feel it is. The dealer shot me a price of $15,800 for the tractor (folding ROPS option and quick attach hitch option) and $3700 for the 16LA loader. I have called a few other dealers and checked the internet adds on the TC40. Most others have given me a price of $14,300 to $14,400 for the basic unit with the two options adding $300. The loader price has been between $3700 & $3800 for everyone. I am going to talk to him today and see if I can negotiate his price. I like the Century tractor, but I feel a little uneasy about the dealer. My wife had a little trouble pushing the clutch all the way down on it also. I want to make sure I get a tractor that she likes to drive so she can mow and bushhog when she feels like it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks again everyone.

/ price on a Century 3045 #9  
JohnMiller3
I am not positive but I believe the C-30 and C-40 are the same except for the subframe and on the C-50 you need to order it with the right sub frame for the tractor. There is one for the large wheel base an another for the shorter wheel base.
Chipperman

/ price on a Century 3045 #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I want to make sure I get a tractor that she likes to drive so she can mow and bushhog when she feels like it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

)</font>

That might not be such a good idea! If she realizes how much fun you're having "working" she might add a lot more to the "honeydo" list. Then if she finds that web site "tractor widows" we'll all be in trouble. You have a good reputation on this forum son, don't ruin your standing! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Pacesetter /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif