Another Branson 2910i PTO question

/ Another Branson 2910i PTO question #1  

DeeDubya

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2910i
I've assembled a Liberty 8" Chipper and will soon hook it on the 3pt and take it to the lot. The chipper has a belt drive from the PTO input shaft to the flywheel shaft but there is no clutch of any kind. I know to keep the engine speed low when I start it but:

Do I clutch, put the PTO in the LInk mode and then ease out the clutch or do I just flip the the switch to Independent without clutching? I assume the Independent has some sort of clutch of it's own that will prevent killing the engine or slipping the belts. The chipper has a 175 lb flywheel and it will surely take a little time to wind up.

/ Another Branson 2910i PTO question #2  
use independant, the pto clutch is separet from the tractor clutch. when you use the link position there are limmit switches on the clutch pedal linkage and the 3 point hitch that disengage the pto when you lift the 3 point or step on the clutch. the pto clutch is the same clutch in both switch positions. it is engaged by hydrolic pressure and will "ease" it self in no matter wich position you use.

/ Another Branson 2910i PTO question
use independant, the pto clutch is separet from the tractor clutch. when you use the link position there are limmit switches on the clutch pedal linkage and the 3 point hitch that disengage the pto when you lift the 3 point or step on the clutch. the pto clutch is the same clutch in both switch positions. it is engaged by hydrolic pressure and will "ease" it self in no matter wich position you use.

Got it. That also makes it easier because I don't have to climb the tractor, just reach up and flip the switch.

/ Another Branson 2910i PTO question #4  
where is the battery located on this tractor

/ Another Branson 2910i PTO question #5  
where is the battery located on this tractor

On most Bransons it is in front of the radiator, i.e. just behind the grille.