Branson 2910i battery

/ Branson 2910i battery #1  

DeeDubya

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2910i
Does anyone know the battery replacement for the 2910. I can't find a number in the Operator's manual. I bought one for a 30hp Kioti (25-s) but it is too small. You'd think they would be the same size.

/ Branson 2910i battery #2  
Does anyone know the battery replacement for the 2910. I can't find a number in the Operator's manual. I bought one for a 30hp Kioti (25-s) but it is too small. You'd think they would be the same size.

Define too small. Are you talking about physical size? AFAIK they are just 12v automotive starting batteries.

/ Branson 2910i battery
Thanks, I found it directly from Interstate Batteries. Their number for it (800 cranking amps) and same physical size is "MTP-24".

/ Branson 2910i battery #4  
Can you take the old battery with you? I'd get the largest size that will fit with the most cranking amps you can get.

/ Branson 2910i battery #5  
Be careful. You get higher CCA by reducing the thickness of the plates and fitting more in the case. Side effect is that it makes the battery more prone to plate breakage.

/ Branson 2910i battery
My dealer uses the Interstate MTP-24. Good enough for me, especially since I already have an account with Interstate. It's already been in and working for about a month now. Good thing since the tractor is hard to start on a cold morning.