Branson 3520 / Century 3035 Rotary Cutter

/ Branson 3520 / Century 3035 Rotary Cutter #1  

Anonymous Poster

OK, it's time to buy a rotary cutter.

My dealer kind of waffled on whether a five or six foot unit is appropriate for my Branson 2035. I want to go with the six footer, but thought I'd ask what those of you who own these tractors have, and how you decided on the size.

SnowRidge

/ Branson 3520 / Century 3035 Rotary Cutter #2  
SnowRidge
The 3035 is big and strong enough to handle the 6' cutter but I think you may be lacking in the horse power dept.
Chipperman

/ Branson 3520 / Century 3035 Rotary Cutter #3  
I know that KingKutter makes a 66" brushmower,now thats an option if you cant decide,Those Century tractors are nice machines

/ Branson 3520 / Century 3035 Rotary Cutter #4  
There's a big difference between light and medium duty cutters. If you're looking at a light duty and don't intend to level a forest, I think the 6' will be fine. For heavier work, a 5' medium duty will probably work best.
Congrats! Great Tractor, I'm sure you will enjoy!
Pacesetter

/ Branson 3520 / Century 3035 Rotary Cutter #5  
Pacesetter, that is exactly what we recommend when we sell the 3510/3520. 6' for cutting grass/weeds, 5' medium or HD unit for the tough stuff.

/ Branson 3520 / Century 3035 Rotary Cutter #6  
Everyone seems to agree for a change! Have heard similar advice myself. I have a 3520 (2035) and went with a medium duty 5' (heavy by many standards) 5' for my place, which is very rough. Am glad I did. The set up works great but I believe 6' would have been too big for the rough stuff.

/ Branson 3520 / Century 3035 Rotary Cutter
I emailed Midwest, Jim suggested the six footer. I think that's the way I'll go, since it'll mostly be used for pasture clipping.

SnowRidge