Default Branson 3520 / Century 3035 Rotary Cutter

OK, it's time to buy a rotary cutter.

My dealer kind of waffled on whether a five or six foot unit is appropriate for my Branson 2035. I want to go with the six footer, but thought I'd ask what those of you who own these tractors have, and how you decided on the size.

SnowRidge

Platinum Member

Default Re: Branson 3520 / Century 3035 Rotary Cutter

SnowRidge
    The 3035 is big and strong enough to handle the 6' cutter but I think you may be lacking in the horse power dept.
    Chipperman

Gold Member

I know that KingKutter makes a 66" brushmower,now thats an option if you cant decide,Those Century tractors are nice machines

Tractor
    Century 3045

There's a big difference between light and medium duty cutters. If you're looking at a light duty and don't intend to level a forest, I think the 6' will be fine. For heavier work, a 5' medium duty will probably work best.
    Congrats! Great Tractor, I'm sure you will enjoy!
    Pacesetter

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Changes often!

Pacesetter, that is exactly what we recommend when we sell the 3510/3520. 6' for cutting grass/weeds, 5' medium or HD unit for the tough stuff.

Tractor
    Branson 3520

Everyone seems to agree for a change! Have heard similar advice myself. I have a 3520 (2035) and went with a medium duty 5' (heavy by many standards) 5' for my place, which is very rough. Am glad I did. The set up works great but I believe 6' would have been too big for the rough stuff.

I emailed Midwest, Jim suggested the six footer. I think that's the way I'll go, since it'll mostly be used for pasture clipping.

SnowRidge