Century 2028

/ Century 2028 #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I didn't realize you were only talking Branson. The statement is true for Branson, not for Century )</font>

I understand that the smaller frame will mount the C50 loader, but will it also mount the C40? On Bransons the equivalent loader (BL20) requires the bigger frame. I would assume the same is true for Centurys. Not so????

SnowRidge

/ Century 2028 #12  
The C40 will only fit the larger chassis series,The C50 will fit either with the proper mounting kit,the C30 and C40 are the same loader assemblys except for the mounting configuration

/ Century 2028 #13  
Hello Guys (and Gals)

What you are getting is a substantially stronger unit as well as a midmount loader. In addition it comes on and off much faster. If you use your loader alot in the long run I believe the C-50 will stand up better. For average use the the C30/40 should work fine. As for the concern about runing the lines to the joystick. They are control cables not hydraulic hoses.
Chipperman
PS: And yes it is made by the same company that makes the Zetor loader. I believe the company is called Humplec.

/ Century 2028 #14  
Shifty,

Are you sure about them being the same loader (the C30 and C40, that is)? The specs are not the same. Thanks for that info, Chipperman, about the control cables vs. the hydraulics. That makes sense. I concur with Chipperman (much as I hate to admit anything that would make Branson less attractive to a buyer) about the C50 loader. However, none of us have used the two loaders (C40/BL20 and C50) side by side and none of us have owned one long enough to figure out what the extra value actually is. Really the main advantage is the sturdiness of the frame, though I'm not sure it justifies the extra $. I suppose the fact that the C50 can me mounted on the smaller 10 series tractors is also somewhat of an advantage.

/ Century 2028 #15  
Does the C50 have a quick disconnect bucket (not entire loader) like the BL10/C30 and BL20/C40 do? If so what options are available for it?

Inquiring mind(s) want to know.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SnowRidge

/ Century 2028 #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does the C50 have a quick disconnect bucket (not entire loader) )</font>

Yes, it does. Instead of a lever on the top, there's a handle you pull from the side. In the brochure Century lists a bale spear and pallet forks. There's also a set of blank attachment plates that you can weld up to your own attachment. There are aftermarket attachments available, but I'm sure not the selection if it were "skid steer" compatable. Century only lists a bale spear for the C-20/C-30.
Pacesetter

/ Century 2028 #18  
<font color="blue">( Pallet forks are also available for the bl 10 and 20, according to Branson's site. )</font>

My dealer wanted $600 for a set ordered with the tractor. I probably should have coughed up the bucks, but that would have put the total over $17,000, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

I really like the idea of a blank attachment plate to weld your own implement to. Branson ought to look into that. Branson <font color="red"> DEALERS </font> ought to push Branson for it (What say, Dave?). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SnowRidge

/ Century 2028 #19  
I am having a local Amish toolshop cut me out the ears and I have the plates and I am going to make up the brakets for my snow plow and pallet forks. He said that he could cut out the ears and drill the holes for 4 sets and I have the plate steel to weld them to and then all I have to do is weld them to my attachments. A set new is about $125 and I'll have less that $20 a set in them.
I made the pattern of the ears by tracing them off my loader bucket and when I go to weld them up I'll put them on the loader and weld the plate to them so I'll get them aligned
I'll send a pic when I get them done but it will be awhile as this is my busy time.
leaddog

/ Century 2028 #20  
Any attachment available on the market can be adapted to the Century quick attach system. $100 to $125 a set for the mounting plates is about right.
We just installed a HY-REACH clipper tree shear attachment to a customers Century 3045.
See www.precisionmfg.com
About $3500 for everything --installed --including adding an extra set of remote hydraulic outlets.

dancce