Century 2028

/ Century 2028 #1  

StevieWonder

Hi all, I have been looking at the TBN boards for some time now, but this is my first post. Last week i looked at a Century 2028 and was very impressed. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I have looked at the big 3,but nothing struck me like the 2028 did. I was quoted 16,900 for a 2028 with c-30 loader. Is this list? Also the 2535 i believe is the same tractor with a larger engine. Would it be worth it to spend a little more to get 7HP? THANKS

/ Century 2028 #2  
I also looked at the Century. I was very impressed with the C-50 loader on the 2035. 7 hp doesn't sound like much, until you consider that is a 25% increase. Also check Branson if you have dealer in your area. Here the Branson was about $1800 cheaper than a comparable Century

/ Century 2028 #3  
( I was quoted 16,900 for a 2028 with c-30 loader. Is this list? Also the 2535 i believe is the same tractor with a larger engine. Would it be worth it to spend a little more to get 7HP? )

StevieW, that sounds waaaaay too high. I recently bought a Branson 3520 with BL20 loader, remotes, R4s, and a decent box blade for less than that. Branson and Century are made by the same company (Kukje in Korea). The models are identical, except for the numbering system and the optional Century c50 loader, as far as I know.

Compared to what you were quoted, my tractor has a slightly bigger frame, a bigger engine, and a bigger loader--plus the remotes, R4s, and box blade.

I'd shop around at other Century and/or Branson dealers, if there are any in your neck of the woods. If not, you could get a Kioti DK35 with loader for that price or less.

As far as the bigger engine goes, yes but move up to the bigger frame too. That way you can mount the bigger loader.

Kukje has a web site. It's worth a look, if you have not visited yet.

http://www.kukje21.co.kr/english/2products/product-index.htm

SnowRidge

/ Century 2028 #4  
that price seems high for here in Mi. My dealer has a 2028 with fel for about 14500, I was quoted a3035 with c-50 fel plus options for 16500 and 3045 with fel and options for 17600

/ Century 2028 #5  
Ditto. The Century with a C-50 should be about $500 higher than a Branson with the Bl20/C-40 loader because it's a heavier duty loader but your price is out of line, imho. I think Bransons are generally cheaper than Century from what I've seen and read.

/ Century 2028 #6  
Steve, that's way high. I would think you could get a 2028/C30 for closer to $14K. The 2535 is a much better deal, the extrta 7 hp will be noticed if you use anything HP intensive. The C50 is also a better bet. Snowridge, you can get the C-50 on any Century and the specs are the same. You might find the smaller tractor easier to handle. Personally , if I were to go bigger IE: 30 series, then I'd go all the way and get the Yanmar 4 cyl. Since that's what I did, I can say so! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Pacesetter

/ Century 2028 #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Snowridge, you can get the C-50 on any Century and the specs are the same. )</font>

But, you can't get it on a Branson.

If I understand correctly, the C50 competes with the C40. The C40 is by Ansung, who also makes the C30, BL10, and BL20. I would be willing to bet that Century only offers it because of the importer's east european connection. Isn't it made in a former Soviet block country?

SnowRidge

/ Century 2028 #8  
The bl10 and bl20 are the exact same loaders as the century c30 and c40. Ansung makes these. The C50 is substantially heavier than the C40, though the specs are pretty much similar as the C40/bl20. In fact some of the specs are better on the c40/bl20. The C50 is made in the Czech republic, if I am not mistaken. I imagine the C50 is a result of the American Jawa's eastern european connections. However, even though I am a Branson owner, I have to admit looking with envy at the C50, which also has a much nicer joystick setup, fender mounted. One downside of the fender setup, in my opinion is that the lines have to run under the deck of the tractor, exposing them to nasty little saplings. This is a major concern on my jungle, er I mean land. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Century 2028 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( As far as the bigger engine goes, yes but move up to the bigger frame too. That way you can mount the bigger loader.
)</font> I didn't realize you were only talking Branson. The statement is true for Branson, not for Century /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Pacesetter

/ Century 2028 #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have to admit looking with envy at the C50, which also has a much nicer joystick setup, fender mounted. )</font>

If it weighs more but doesn't perform any better than the Ansung built loaders, then what are you getting for the extra dollars---weight? Joysticks can be replumbed and moved. It would be a bit of a hassle, I expect, but if you <font color="red"> really </font> want it.......... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SnowRidge