Branson 2800H with BL00 loader new owner

/ Branson 2800H with BL00 loader new owner #1  

PapeCAT

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford / NH 545D John Deere 316 John Deere 330
Hi all,

Today I purchased a 2800H with FEL and Box Scraper. I will post my experiences here. I have a new house on 2 acres (new build) with a blank slate of a back yard. I got the unit at Horning Equipment in Galt. It seems like a very nice unit. And simple like an anvil. I like the cummins turbocharged 1.1 L motor a lot.

/ Branson 2800H with BL00 loader new owner #2  
Welcome PapeCat and Congratulations! Please don't forget the photos.

/ Branson 2800H with BL00 loader new owner
Thanks Zork

Here are a couple pics of the tractor and some of the work it did today in a few hours. There was about a 3-4 foot drop off into the neighbor's fence originally. I scraped it down so it was a better grade to mow over.

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

I LOVE this tractor!

/ Branson 2800H with BL00 loader new owner #4  
Very nice photos, thank you. . Looks like you're getting all of the farm work done right on time. I think I love your tractor too. I just may stop at my local dealer and check that unit out. IMO, the color red has always made machinery bigger, faster, stronger, and more desirable.

/ Branson 2800H with BL00 loader new owner #5  
I bought the 65 hp with all the toys back in '05. Had one bearing go out on the AC idler pulley and the other day lost one of my cab doors.....broke like the rear windows in cars do on hot days.....but I had it on the extender bracket (door open about 2") and was running along at a good pace on a rough field which surely helped aggravate the situation....write it off to my error. The idler pulley was on my door step in 3 days no charge...warranty. The door was ordered the 23 and arrived yesterday the 27th. Not bad service, but it was a costly lesson $640 delivered....will be more careful nexgt time.

Mine has a Cummins also . I called Cummins and asked and they said that Rotella T 5w-40 was perfect for the tractor so that is what I use.

I used to have a JD 100 drawbar hp tractor and pulled a 12' cultivator with 14 10" sweeps and 3 rows of spring fingers behind that. This little Cummins, in mid range gear and 4wd can pull the same plow and not grunt in the process........and fuel economy? Absolutely cannot believe how efficient this little engine is.

I love mine too.

Mark

/ Branson 2800H with BL00 loader new owner #6  
Congrats new toys are the best

/ Branson 2800H with BL00 loader new owner #7  
Nice story about the parts support, Texas Mark. One of the things that scares people away is the potential for hard to find parts down the road.

I'm happy with the machine and not worried about anything. Deal with things as they come.

Zork, yeah definitely check the machine out. The turbo adds a lot of power and torque for such a small unit. (Plus it sounds cool)

a TURBO diesel is the way it should be!

I've had a 1989 Cummins Dodge D250, 1990 Dodge W250 Cummins 5 speed, 1972 W200 with 1991 Cummins installed, 1993 W250 Cummins Club cab 5 speed with 50K original miles, and my current 1992 W350 5 Speed Club Cab Dually. Sold the '93 on ebay for a mint last year.

Needless to say the motor was a big factor in my decision.

The dealer put it well with Branson they are building big tractors down to a smaller size. Something about the Korean tractors - Kukje and Kioti Are very heavy units for their respective class sizes compared to Kubota, Iseki, and Mitsubishi. (Lots of Steel on these units!)

/ Branson 2800H with BL00 loader new owner #9  
The story. Back in '07 I decided that I wanted a medium sized tractor (for me) and started looking at blue, green, 2 reds, orange, another green, white and whatever. Nothing in the midrange was what appealed to me......I wanted 4wd, loader, cab with amenities, toys and all. I looked till mid summer of that year and finally gave up. Will not bore you with the details.

Was buzzing down the I state one day in Sept. and see this row of really good looking red tractors on the side of the road.

In short I buy one; Branson 6530C with loader, bucket and hay spike. Happy with it and the service from the dealer network.

Got my door installed today with my lady helping me. Walk in the park. Happy camper.

Mark

Greetings all:

Well the Branson has been doing good, at the 50 hour mark I took it in for it's first service at the dealer. I noted that the front axle seals should be looked at as they were weeping pretty bad, even on teh inside of the tire a bit. They signed it off as cleaned , ops chk good. I had a loose bypass on the backside of loader valve/control that was leaking, was able to tighten it a bit and no more leak. At just under 80 hours 1 or all of the 3 bypasses on the bottom of the transaxle started leaking very bad to the point that I stained up my neighbors driveway and it left a huge puddle on my trailer on the way to the dealer. Also, the front axle seals were leaking badly, the inner left tire completely soaked and the other side leaking for sure but not as bad. They have the tractor now and are performing warranty repair on the leaks.