Mowing Branson 3510h pto problem

/ Branson 3510h pto problem #1  

Sheddiver

Tractor
Branson 3510h, Ford 9n
I hooked up my bush hog this afternoon to start mowing the pasture again. Once I got out to the pasture I turned the pto switch on to engage the pto. The pto light comes on but the shaft does not turn. I can turn the pto shaft by hand and it free wheels. I bought the tractor last August and it has 40 hours on it. Any help is appreciated.

/ Branson 3510h pto problem #2  
Two ideas:
1) Is there a chance you have the speed selector for 540/790 RPM between ranges?

2)Sounds like the solenoid valve that engages the clutch is not functioning. If you can access the connector to the valve can you carefully remove the electrical connection and test for voltage?

/ Branson 3510h pto problem
Thanks for the suggestions. Of course it was the first one that corrected the problem. It was kind of operator error with the help of my son. I always leave it in low range but I forgot that he borrowed the tractor last week. He must have put it into neutral. I should have looked a little bit further.

/ Branson 3510h pto problem #4  
Glad it was a simple fix. Would rather feel a little embarrassment for not having checked this Vs having to feel a lot of pain it the check book..

How you like you Branson so far?

So far I'm very satisfied with the Branson. I've had no mechanical issues to deal with. The owners manual could be rewritten so that it would be easier to understand. I do like that the fuel filler cap and tank are low. It's much easier to hold the fuel can at waist level than at shoulder height.

/ Branson 3510h pto problem #6  
So far I'm very satisfied with the Branson. I've had no mechanical issues to deal with. The owners manual could be rewritten so that it would be easier to understand. I do like that the fuel filler cap and tank are low. It's much easier to hold the fuel can at waist level than at shoulder height.

"Easier to understand"? How about "accurate"? I've found several errors that made me crazy. Example: Fluid capacities (not that it matters </end sarcasm>).

It's bad enough that the writer doesn't read/write English. I doubt that the writer ever saw a tractor, because either the writer screwed up, or the engineers and assemblers didn't follow the writer's instructions.

So far, that's the only really bad thing I've encountered my Branson.

/ Branson 3510h pto problem #7  
Are you still online and have your Branson 3510? If so another question for you.