All kinds of Branson issues

/ All kinds of Branson issues #1  

backintheday

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3510H
Hi all, I posted this in the owner operating section, thought i'd post it here too. Been having several issues with my new 3510 and I am close to teling the dealer to replace it or take it back. It all started with my FEL not being level, since then i have bent 2 rams on my BH and am waiting for an answer about the FEL.
Here's the last post.
Here's an update of all my recent problems. A week after i let the dealer know about my problem I bent a ram on my brand new backhoe, dealer came out the following week, replaced the ram and valve controler on the BH, he swapped out the loader with a new one. He calls me after it's all complete and says the new hydraulic controller sticks when you boom out so you'll probly bend another ram and the loader still isn't level so it must be in the mounts. Later that day i start digging a trench for my water line off my new well, 20 mins into it I bent a ram, oh yeah and the loader isn't any better, so i call the dealer back and let him know about the BH and he says let me call the Branson rep, he calls me right back and says your getting a whole new BH and were working on a fix for your loader. This was this past Monday and I havn't heard anything else. Here's another problem, the hydraulics leak internally somewhere so if i leave the bucket up it falls to the ground in a couple hours, the same thing happens with the outriggers for the BH, I come out side the other day and the rigger is resting on my truck, scratched the heel out of the side of it. I have been patient and calm up until now, tomorrow i will be asking for a completely new tractor or they can come get this thing. What do you guys think i should do? The dealer is just doing what the rep tells him, the dealer is loosing his *** driving 150 miles to come work on this thing when he only gets paid to go 50 miles for warranty work.

/ All kinds of Branson issues #2  
That sucks, what backhoe did you buy?

/ All kinds of Branson issues
It's built by Ameriquip for Branson. The tractor itself seems to be good quality, it's the implements that seem to be cheap.

/ All kinds of Branson issues #4  
I bought the 8640X hoe with the curved boom. The only thing I can relate to is one of my leveling pads does come down on its own.

/ All kinds of Branson issues #5  
Sounds like the dealer is trying hard, and 95% of your problem is with the backhoe. So replacing it will solve everything except for the loader level issue and they can fix that. The Amerequip backhoe is a good one, we have sold dozens of them and it is super rare to see a bent ram unless the customer abused it (and I am not implying that you did). Did you get the 7620 or 8620? We predominately sell the 8620 as it is quite a but heavier than the 7620.

As for the leak down, a certain amount is normal and that is figured in inches per hour. If you leave a bucket in the air it is normal for it to be on the ground the next day. The odd thing that I will admit is that occasionally you will find a loader or backhoe that will stay up for weeks in the same position, but that is not normal. I've never understood why, but I will say that there are specs for leakdown and a surprisingly fast leakdown is considered normal.

Thanks for the info Dave. The BH is the 7620, the reason the first ram bent was due to the pressure relief valve sticking, they replaced the control assembly and ram but the new controler sticks when you boom out, unless you pull back just in time it keeps applying pressue. The loader is really beginning to aggrevate me, I have been backfilling and scraping but it never comes out level and it digs into my grass when i'm trying to only skim across it, plus this has been going on for 6 weeks and there has only been one attempt to fix it. Due you guys think i should have got a call from Branson, I might call there corprate office tomorrow and make a complaint, not about the dealer but about the rep.

About the leak down, thats good to know it's normal, i'm not real worried about it but it's just one more thing that bugs me.

Question, why is the 7620 so f#$%ing slow side to side? I know it's not the most powerful thing out there but man is it annoying!!

The reason i want them to replace the entire tractor is because it has taken so long to fix it and they don't even know if the next attempt to repair it will work, they're throwing parts at it now, so if it's not fixed this time how much longer do I have to wait? And the dealer is loosing money driving 150 miles to work on it, I hope Branson takes care of him.

/ All kinds of Branson issues #7  
Thanks for the info Dave. The BH is the 7620, the reason the first ram bent was due to the pressure relief valve sticking, they replaced the control assembly and ram but the new controler sticks when you boom out, unless you pull back just in time it keeps applying pressue. The loader is really beginning to aggrevate me, I have been backfilling and scraping but it never comes out level and it digs into my grass when i'm trying to only skim across it, plus this has been going on for 6 weeks and there has only been one attempt to fix it. Due you guys think i should have got a call from Branson, I might call there corprate office tomorrow and make a complaint, not about the dealer but about the rep.

About the leak down, thats good to know it's normal, i'm not real worried about it but it's just one more thing that bugs me.

Question, why is the 7620 so f#$%ing slow side to side? I know it's not the most powerful thing out there but man is it annoying!!

The reason i want them to replace the entire tractor is because it has taken so long to fix it and they don't even know if the next attempt to repair it will work, they're throwing parts at it now, so if it's not fixed this time how much longer do I have to wait? And the dealer is loosing money driving 150 miles to work on it, I hope Branson takes care of him.

I'm understanding a little better now your frustration, and it sounds reasonable. They can adjust the loader for being unlevel, but if I were them I'd want to do that in my shop, not in the field.

Can you pay a little extra and swap to a 8620 since they are already agreeing to swap out the backhoe? Much beefier. The 7620 is the recommended size for the 3510, but it will handle the 8620 and everything about the 8620 is heavier. Maybe they can take what you paid for the 7620 and then add only the difference between that and their cost for the 8620. Just an idea, and perhaps in that manner you can make lemonade out of these lemons you were served.

/ All kinds of Branson issues #8  
It sounds like you are dead sticking the cylinders. I don't understand how that could break the cylinders.
I have a cheap Jinma hoe that I adapted to my 3510 and if I dead stick it the hydraulics squeal loud in protest!
I put a pressure relief valve in the hoses for my rear connectors to protect my system. The pic is of the valve, I plug the pressure line into the return when the hoe is not on the tractor.

Attachments

• 000_0654.jpg
    000_0654.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 529
The Branson as the ability to float when you boom out, the new controler doens't float, the stick itself goes in to the float position but the valve doesn't, it stays open and keeps applying pressure instead of allowing the pressure relief valve to do it's thing. The dealer who replaced the original control assembly noticed it and already had a new one ordered before he left my property. When working properly the BH barley has the power to break ground.

Still havent't heard from the dealer about a time to repair everything, now I have a decent size hydraulic leak at the BH controller. NOT HAPPY!!