Branson 3510 transmission cracked in half

/ Branson 3510 transmission cracked in half #1  

MarcBrett

Tractor
Branson 3510
Brought my Branson to the dealer to have to reverse adjusted and they said the transmission is crack completely in half. I bought it new and it now have 600 hour on it. But off warranty.

Does anyone know where I can get a used transmission for a 3510?

Thanks, Marc

/ Branson 3510 transmission cracked in half #2  
Brought my Branson to the dealer to have to reverse adjusted and they said the transmission is crack completely in half. I bought it new and it now have 600 hour on it. But off warranty.

Does anyone know where I can get a used transmission for a 3510?

Thanks, Marc

Did you get any pictures?

/ Branson 3510 transmission cracked in half
Zork said:
Did you get any pictures?

I don't have pictures. I have not gone to the dealers to see it.

/ Branson 3510 transmission cracked in half #4  
Did you have the machine since it was new?

Is there anywhere in your memory where the machine may have encountered this kind of damage?

Did you have the machine since it was new?

Is there anywhere in your memory where the machine may have encountered this kind of damage?

Yes, I bought it new. I use it to brush hog 10 acres, use the front loader and back blade to remove snow and level driveway.

/ Branson 3510 transmission cracked in half #6  
Yes, I bought it new. I use it to brush hog 10 acres, use the front loader and back blade to remove snow and level driveway.

Is it a broken case or does the dealership have it completely cracked in half to replace the clutch?

Zork said:
Is it a broken case or does the dealership have it completely cracked in half to replace the clutch?

I have not seen it. The dealer said it is cracked in half.

/ Branson 3510 transmission cracked in half #8  
Ask the dealer to contact Branson and request a good-will warranty. Perhaps you can at least get the parts cost covered. While they do not technically owe it if it is out of warranty, they hate to see this and may want to help you.

We have replaced a couple of busted Branson clutch-housings. I doubt you will find a used one anywhere, and new ones are around $1500-$1700 plus shipping, plus labor to install. There are two different housings, depending on your engine. It is more than a clutch housing, although that is what the part is called. It also includes the first part of the transmission. It is a chore to replace. You may want to replace the clutch while you are there.

Ask the dealer to contact Branson and request a good-will warranty. Perhaps you can at least get the parts cost covered. While they do not technically owe it if it is out of warranty, they hate to see this and may want to help you.

We have replaced a couple of busted Branson clutch-housings. I doubt you will find a used one anywhere, and new ones are around $1500-$1700 plus shipping, plus labor to install. There are two different housings, depending on your engine. It is more than a clutch housing, although that is what the part is called. It also includes the first part of the transmission. It is a chore to replace. You may want to replace the clutch while you are there.

Dealer said Branson will do nothing.

/ Branson 3510 transmission cracked in half #10  
I understand what your going through. I bought a new 3510 this summer and have had endless problems with the BH and FEL, this has been going on since April and Branson just now got the poop together and got the parts to my dealer. I am very unhappy with Branson and will never buy another one of their machines again. Maybe the dealer will give you a good deal on a trade in. I hope it all works out in your favor, somehow.