3510i Shuttle lever broke

/ 3510i Shuttle lever broke #1  

jbunkley

Tractor
2006 Branson 3510i
A friend broke my shuttle shift lever, purchased a new one, installed it & cannot seem to get it adjusted properly.
We have spent a whole day adjusting & will get forward but no reverse, then reverse & no forward. Anyone have any suggestions.

My dealer has closed & the nearest one is a 100+ miles away.

/ 3510i Shuttle lever broke #2  
Need to know where your trying to adjust it at and one thing to check that makes them hard to adjust properly is the u-joint at the base of the steering column. If it has slack in it that can cause this problem.

/ 3510i Shuttle lever broke
Where the 2 shafts/rods meet and has the 2 flanges with oblong holes. We have adjusted there from one extreme to the other. also removed the floor plate and adjusted the linkage there. Yes the u-joint does have quite a bit of slack in it. I suspected that it may be the culprit. Will order one today. Thanks!

/ 3510i Shuttle lever broke #4  
Since my 3510 was new I have had to shift hard into reverse for it to go in gear. I have just put up with it.
Today I looked at the linkage from the column to the trans. While there is play in the linkage and U joint I found the two flanges bolted together with slotted holes. I adjusted it more toward reverse at the flanges and After 7 years it now shifts easily forward or reverse!!!!

The bottom flange/rod is splined going to the U joint. Is there a chance that you need to move it one tooth more to get the linkage centered?

I will try that. Checked on price for u joint...almost $100.00. So I will exhaust all possibilities first.
Since my tractor was new I have had trouble with shifting into forward & reverse, only had about 1/32" of either
being in gear or not, even after adjusting at the flanges. After trying your idea & if that doen't work I may take it
a Massey dealer up the road & let them see if they can figure it out.
Thanks

/ 3510i Shuttle lever broke #6  
The U joint connects on the bottom of it with a Roll Pin to the shaft. Mine had some play at that point.
I had thought about knocking out the pin and drilling out the hole and using a bigger pin or bolt but the adjustment worked for me.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind too.

The U joint connects on the bottom of it with a Roll Pin to the shaft. Mine had some play at that point.
I had thought about knocking out the pin and drilling out the hole and using a bigger pin or bolt but the adjustment worked for me.

I wound up knoking out the pin in the shaft, drilling the hole little bigger & using a larger pin ao as to use the existing pin (a pin wthin a pin) which took out the slop at that point. However when driving the pin back in
the pins in the u joint flew out...guess i'll be purchasing a u joint.
Thanks