Grill Guard

/ Grill Guard #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
I'm at 20 hours now on my 2535, and I need a new front grill. I've completley destroyed the original. I'm looking for pieces and one light, but I havn't found much.

My land is very thick with vines, some an inch thick or more. I get into an area that is too thick to see, I just muscle it out.

Any idea what a new nose will run? Any good designs out there for preventing this from becoming a regular issue for me?

I'm thinking of welding some angle iron to the front bumper and covering it with heavy guage wire screen. Ugly, but it should work.

Thanks for all your assistance and ideas.

Eddie

/ Grill Guard #2  
My land sounds similiar and my approach to getting through some stuff has been similar too. I think the front end loader is the difference. Not only does it come with a grill guard, but the loader itself provides a lot of protection--directly with its mass and indirectly because it can help clear out and knock down stuff. I'm assuming you don't have a loader since it's not in your profile.

/ Grill Guard #3  
That's true! Nothing protects your grill like a 6ft wide 1400lb wall of steel! Arrrrrrrrrr! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark

/ Grill Guard #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm at 20 hours now on my 2535, and I need a new front grill. I've completley destroyed the original. I'm looking for pieces and one light, but I havn't found much.

My land is very thick with vines, some an inch thick or more. I get into an area that is too thick to see, I just muscle it out.
Any idea what a new nose will run? Any good designs out there for preventing this from becoming a regular issue for me? )</font>

Is there any reason you can't back into the really nasty stuff, so that you don't take out the grill?

SnowRidge

/ Grill Guard #5  
I would get a grill guard that comes with the loader and have someone weld on some perforated steel mesh as is used on some walkways. One of the downsides of not getting a loader.
Pacesetter

/ Grill Guard
It's been amost two weeks and I'm still waiting on my parts. I need the whole front grill assembly. Everything arrived in 2 days except for the main grill. Just to be clear, it's the red palstic front end of the tractor. My dealer is very apologetic and has volunteer to canabalize one of his other tractors when they come in. He's selling them so fast, none are in stock.

Has anybody experienced this kind of delay?

My biggest fear with going with Century was availability of parts. I was thinking mechanical parts, not body parts.

/ Grill Guard #7  
Eddie has your grill come in yet?

/ Grill Guard
Sorry for no update.

I had my dealer custom build me a grill to protect the front end. I also had a branch take out my power steering tank. It seems the nipple is exposed and will crack at the tank.

Century has been very disapointing in supplying parts. This was a main isssue when deciding to buy the Century and now I'm worried about the next time.

We ordered the power steering tank from the book. Three days later two tanks arrived for a different tractor. After calling them up, we learned the book was wrong. We said we really need a new tank, they said they were out. We then talked to the regonal manager about a tank. He said he'd have them take one off a new tractor and overnight it. Next day it doesn't arrive we call again and get the run around. We call the manager again and he says he'll take care of it. We ask for the tracking number of the overnight package. Turns out they didn't ship it or pull one off a tractor.

At this point my dealer is getting really mad and I'm out of the room so they can have a private little talk.

My dealer takes a tank off a brand new tractor he has for sale and hands it to me. My tractor is a month old and the new tractors already have a new webbing on the nipple where mine broke. Somebody has fixed the design problem.

If I had a loader, this might not be an issue since the loader would protect the tank. My dealer made a little angle iron shield to protect it in the future.

I've been waiting for over a month on the front end of my tractor. The whole nose clip was destroyed bush hogging blackberries. I've got some huge vines that attacked the grill and since the blackberries were over my head, I couldn't see the problem until I tore it all apart.

So far I'm not impressed with the level of support from Century, but my dealer is fighting the good fight.

/ Grill Guard #9  
Eddie,
Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I sure hope they get things fixed up for you. I too had concerns about the exposed tank nipple but you are right the loader brackets do protect them a little more. So far, I have had great luck with the parts department. Very helpful and prompt. I've ordered stock parts like filters etc. as well as a headlight switch that some jerk broke off my tractor at the fair booth last week. More than likely some kid twisting it back and forth and finally broke it. Good luck with your parts, I hope they come through for you.
Nick

/ Grill Guard #10  
I stopped going to fairs....got tired of digging doughnuts out of the fuel tanks