New Branson Owner 3510i

/ New Branson Owner 3510i #1  

jcgbranson

Tractor
Branson 3510i
New guy here. Just purchased a 2009 Branson 3510i with very few hours on it. Seems like brand new but has been sitting in a shed for years with very little use. Question I have is how "noisy" is the kukje 3 cylinder supposed to be? I have been around other farm equipment but never a small 3 cyl diesel engine. After servicing it I have noticed what I think might be an "extra" tapping or slapping sound coming from the engine. Exhaust seems like it should (not excessively white or black), no water in oil, etc. Are these just noisy little engines? Should I be concerned at all?

/ New Branson Owner 3510i #2  
I dont think you have a problem. They are a little loud and mine seems to be a little louder when its cold until it worms up a bit. But it has done this since new. If fluids are ok and runs good I wouldnt worry about it. You do probably need to change the oil and filter if its been sitting a long time.

/ New Branson Owner 3510i
Thanks for the quick reply. Serviced it this last weekend with oil and filter and added a kats coolant heater for those cold winter starts. Old oil a bit thick but seemed ok otherwise. Engine only has 20 hours on it but I guess you just never know when you buy something used. All of my other tractors are way old and have been around the farm for about 40 years so I have nothing to compare it to.

/ New Branson Owner 3510i #4  
I have a 3510h that I bought new last year. It also sounds a little bit loud and knocky when first starting up. After it warms up it smooths out. I just completed its 50 hour fluid and filter change last month.

/ New Branson Owner 3510i #5  
When I bought my 2004 Century 3040 that I had delivered without ever hearing it run I thought at first that it might have something wrong with it. I was used to hearing my little Ford 1710 run. After owning it for about 4 years now I can't say enough good things about it. In my opinion the Kukje engines are just louder.

/ New Branson Owner 3510i #6  
I have a 3510 and have been using NAPA filters for the engine but for the hydraulic filter I go with Branson.
If you read on here some have had problems with non Branson hyd filters.
Also if you haven't changed the hyd fluid yet there is a drain plug at the front, bottom of the rearend above the driveshaft.

/ New Branson Owner 3510i #7  
My dealer said that Kukje doesn't like to honour warranty if you don't use their filters.

It is a KUKJE manufactured CUMMINS A series 3 cyl motor.

/ New Branson Owner 3510i #8  
My dealer said that Kukje doesn't like to honour warranty if you don't use their filters.

It is a KUKJE manufactured CUMMINS A series 3 cyl motor.

My tractor is 7 years old so warranty issues don't exist. NAPA Gold Filters are as good as any made.

/ New Branson Owner 3510i #9  
Fine. Go with the napa gold. If it were my preference and I didn't have to use KEKJE filters (My tractor is less than a year old) I would use CUMMINS FLEETGAURD stratopore filters. Haven't heard anything bad about any oil filter besides FRAM which come apart internally and block the motor's oil passageways

/ New Branson Owner 3510i #10  
PapeCAT, your dealer is selling you a bunch of manure. Google the manguson-moss act. FYI, I've had Branson replace two engines under warranty and they both had Baldwin filters on them.