3 point hitch repair

/ 3 point hitch repair #1  

questadg

I am having the 3 point pulse problem that many have experienced. Also, the implement will lower once the tractor is turned off. I'm pretty sure it is the packing, rings, etc. that are on the piston but I also seem to have a small leak on the FEL joystick. I will check that and also change out fluid and filter. Should it indeed be the piston ring, packing, etc., my question is who has done this repair? I like doing most of the work myself and have repaired the 3 point system in my 8N. I have searched the posts but it does not seem as if anyone has done this. Any thoughts?

Branson 3820i.

/ 3 point hitch repair #2  
Not hard to do, and you can be sure that it is the seals on your piston. You do not have to remove the rockshaft assembly. You can pull the seat and some sheetmetal and get the piston out of the front and replace the seals or the assembly and you are good to go. If you have repaired an 8N system, you are savvy enough to do this.

Not a bad idea to change fluid and filters, etc., but your problem is the piston sealing in the bore.

/ 3 point hitch repair #3  
i have just repiared a 4520 very well built but it was not the piston it was a peace of metal under one of the vavles you have to pull lift cover to get to it
very simple to do . i have done alot of lift repiars on other tractors , and this was alot simpler