2400H & 2800H starting issue

/ 2400H & 2800H starting issue #1  

oldnslo

Tractor
Branson 2400H, JD X540
Just an FYI for anyone that lives in colder climate the safety switch on clutch may stop working on these in cold weather and tractor will not start. Mine failed today and dealer said he had another one fail yesterday. Takes very little heat and the switch will operate again. Going to tear one of these failed switches apart to try and determine if it is stiff seal or moisture causing them to fail.

/ 2400H & 2800H starting issue #2  
Did you just use a heat gun to heat the switch? I live in western ny and we have a foot of snow rite now and a long driveway. So i need my baby running .

/ 2400H & 2800H starting issue
Yes, I have an electric heat gun for stripping paint and at 9 degress out it only took about 30 seconds to one minute and the switch worked.

/ 2400H & 2800H starting issue
Switch update: The Safety swith on the clutch is getting a small amout of water in it which is causing the internal mechanism to bind or freeze in position. New replacement switch has an O-ring sandwiched between the wire inlet cover a switch body along with what appears to be a better potting or sealing around the wires as well.

This switch is mounted vertical wires up so I suspect any moisture just sits there and wicks in over time.