Checking/filling injector pump oil?

/ Checking/filling injector pump oil? #1  

Vtnewbie

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 4720 with loader and backhoe
Any fellow TBNers care to share information with me on how to check and fill the oil in the fuel injector on the 4720 Branson? What viscosity oil does it take? Thanks in advance.

/ Checking/filling injector pump oil? #2  
Every injector PUMP I have seen uses the internal fuel oil, from the fuel tank, as lubrication. The gear drive should be lubed by the engine oil. Maybe someone else with more knowledge about this can chime in. The fuel injector should get its lubrication via the fuel as well.

/ Checking/filling injector pump oil?
Thank you!

Looking at the injector pump I didn't see an obvious fill or check, so think you have it right. Thanks again.

Last edited:
   / Checking/filling injector pump oil? #4  
NOT having a lot of different brand experience but the only tractor we ever had that required injector pump oil was a Ford 9000 and it required oil changes about every 200 hours because it got thinned with diesel. I have not seen another one since but there could be. If it has oil lubrication, it WILL have a drain on bottom and fill point on top but they will be small holes like 3/8" diameter or so. That one used regular motor oil for lube.

/ Checking/filling injector pump oil? #5  
I am a bit curious as to why you asked about changing the oil in the inj. pump. DOES you manual mention anything about that?

/ Checking/filling injector pump oil?
I don't have a service manual, other than the non-technical "this is a tractor" owner's manual. Guess I need to order one.....