New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up

/ New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up #1  

Wahorseman

Tractor
Branson 3510
Hey every one! How y'all doing. Well lets start with I love my new 3510H. What happend is I removed the BH. Hooked up the three point arms and was going to hook up the royotiller. The arms wouldn't go down. I read the owners Manuel over and over but still nothing. Then they did go down but wouldn't come back up. Called the dealer and they were confused. They had to do some checking. They called back and said I need to hook the two hoses I disconnected from the BH, together. They said they hoped I didn't run it with out doing that because I might have hammered the pump. Well of course I ran it. I didn't know neither did they do they couldn't have told me. After work today I'll hook them up and see what I got. Anyone else run into this?

/ New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up #2  
Not familar with your 3510H but some model of tractors require connecting the pressure and return hoses together when removing the BH. If there is not any relief valve before these connections you may have damaged your tractor. I am of the opinion that there is a relief before these connections and you probably did not hurt anything.

In looking at the parts diagram for your tractor here is how I think the oil flows.

What I suspect is that oil flows from the pump to your loader valve. Then from the loader valve to the BH connections. Then from the BH to the 3PH. With out the hoses connected for the BH you would blow oil over the relief in your loader valve and the 3PH would not work.

NOTE: You must shut the tractor off to connect and Disconnect the BH hoses.

/ New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up #3  
First off: Welcome to TBN!
(Side note: your avatar says 3210 not 3510).
I too don't know your specific tractor, but if you have rear remote circuits A and B and your hoe connects to lets say A circuit when being used then when disconnecting the hoe it may be a good idea to make up a loop so the A circuit doesn't 'deadhead' the hydraulic pump if the lever that makes the A circuit is left on by accident or bumped into position accidentally, when you're NOT using it to run an implement like the hoe.
If you have a B circuit, try for purposes of understanding 'deadheading' to engage that circuit momentarily, and you will hear the pump strain because there is nowhere for the fluid to flow. That is what you want to avoid for any hydraulic circuit which is not connected to an implement like your hoe.
I doubt you've done any damage in a short time of letting the circuit run without something attached.

Last edited:
   / New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up
Good morning folks! Thanks guys for the replies. And thanks Coyote. Ill fix my info. I got home and right away I hooked the two hoses in a loop. Crossed my fingers and fired her up. Success! Three point came up. And everything seems to be ok. Now on another subject with these 3 cyl Branson's. when I rev it up to the working Rpm, 2000 to 2300. It has this slight rattle snapping noise. Of course my salesman say's all the Branson's are noisy. But it sounds suspicious to me. Not horrible but noticeable. I was used to my old 1961 ford 841D. That thing hummed at working speed.

/ New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up #5  
Wahorseman,
Glad to hear the hydraulic system is working correctly now.

On the 3 cylinder concern. My 2400H is also a 3 cylinder and I have noticed that at some RPM's I do get a little more vibration and noise than at others. To me I have noticed nothing that I thought was excessive but I also wear hearing aides and quite frequently do not have them in while running machinery.

NOTE: The BX1850 Kubota I had prior to this Branson shook much worse at certain RPM's.

Rattle or snap noise: Can you safely listen too or touch componens on the engine while the tractor is running to see if you can identify the source of the noise? I.e. Injector pump, alternator, valve cover, etc.

Last edited:
   / New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up
Thanks Oldnslo. The Branson guys are coming out Thursday. I guess there is a service bulliteon for low pro pressure. Ill have the mech take a listen.

/ New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up #7  
Congradts on the new toy, I have the same one, that little tractor is impressive. Be careful when using your BH at is max digging depth, I bent a few rams at full depth
Enjoy

/ New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up #8  
My 3510 has a round knob down by the 4-2 lever that controls the 3pt lift speed IIRC. I have never messed with mine but you might read about how to use it.

/ New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up #9  
When I have a rattle or noise on the car, run the motor and set the tip of a screwdriver on the components (not moving), and place my ear on the handle of the screwdriver. This acts like a stethoscope. You can narrow the noise down that way.

Just bought a new 3520R, and am looking forward to putting it to the test. Waiting for the dealer to put a westendorf 170 loader on it. The factory loader wouldn't reach the top of my dump truck.

I bought the BC4000 brush grappler too, and considering a stump bucket. Anyone ever use one? Do they work as advertised?

/ New Branson owner. Think I Allready messed up #10  
Good morning folks! Thanks guys for the replies. And thanks Coyote. Ill fix my info. I got home and right away I hooked the two hoses in a loop. Crossed my fingers and fired her up. Success! Three point came up. And everything seems to be ok. Now on another subject with these 3 cyl Branson's. when I rev it up to the working Rpm, 2000 to 2300. It has this slight rattle snapping noise. Of course my salesman say's all the Branson's are noisy. But it sounds suspicious to me. Not horrible but noticeable. I was used to my old 1961 ford 841D. That thing hummed at working speed.
Yes, wahorseman....I hear the rattle/snapping on my '09 3510i as well. I have posted a similar question here couple months ago. I am used to a low compression gasser that is so quiet you could take a nap on it (1949 Ford 8n). Not sure what the noise might be. I wanted to prevent something really bad happening to the motor but will hope that all is well with the little kukje/cummins until the point if/when something breaks. Mine starts and runs like a little champ. Very little smoke, good power. I have just decided to use it until such time I have something definite to fix.