Comparison )Century 3035 Hydraulic Steering Hoses/ Replacment

/ )Century 3035 Hydraulic Steering Hoses/ Replacment #1  

Paul Tx

Tractor
2002 Century 3035
Hello All,

Really needing some help. Currently my Century 3035 is layed up out of comission, with busted / blown out power steeing Hyd Hose, One of the hoses under the steering wheel column ruptured. Have taken the plastic covers off under the steering wheel, in attempt to gain access to remove the bad hose, (sitting on tractor, the blown hose is on left side) Want to replace both of them if possible.

How in the world do ya get to these hose fittings? Not been able to remove them?:smiley_aafz: And once I do manage to get them removed, Is it best to just go to a hose shop and have some made up? and possibly alter the fitting attachment at manifold to allow for eaiser access in future. This must be a weak link on this tractor, as this is second time a hose has failed. (think it was the right side hose under steering column, 1st time) The dealer came out and repaired it. I was not around at the time, and did not see how it was fixed.

Anyway if I can get these hoses off and get them replaced, will be back in tractor operation. Any and all help is very much appriaciated. PS Micro-Pilot if you are still here and you still have your 3035? How is yours holding up?

Thanks Paul :thumbdown:

/ )Century 3035 Hydraulic Steering Hoses/ Replacment #2  
Is the hose moving when you operate the steering?

Should always have some slack, and watch the bend radius of the hose.

Take the hose to a hose shop and tell them how much length you need for the slack.

Some hose is more flexible than others.

/ )Century 3035 Hydraulic Steering Hoses/ Replacment #3  
You may have to loosen the steering unit so that you can gain access to the hose ends. Some times you can then turn the steering unit enough to allow wrench access. How old is this tractor? Hoses have a given life span before the rubber becomes hard fron UV rays and heating cooling cycles. Be sure to clean the inside of the hoses thoroughly before installing them. The steering unit is sensitive to contamination.

/ )Century 3035 Hydraulic Steering Hoses/ Replacment
Thanks for the replies JJ & oldnslo,
My tractor is an 2002 model, bought new in 09/02..so guess is time for some hose failures. It only has ~ 160 hours on it though. The hoses seem to have enough slack in them, but will add an inch or two in lenghth when i get replacements, Also need to replace all hoses on the FEL as they are cracking pretty bad, On loosening the steering unit under steering wheel, Do I first need to remove the steering wheel? Don't see how to allow pivioting or movement of the steering unit?

/ )Century 3035 Hydraulic Steering Hoses/ Replacment #5  
I think you will find that the hoses have special ends on them and they are difficult if not impossible to source through a typical hydraulic shop. And they have no swivel at the steering box end, so you need to disconnect the other end and turn the entire hose. :confused3:

I'd replace all the hoses at once with factory hoses. Don't mix up the hoses as it can destroy the steering box if you do. So mark them clearly and swap them all and you are good to go. Not much room to work, but you can get them. Most dealers stock these hoses.