Her first workout

/ Her first workout #1  

Tchara

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3520R
Got to work with my tractor for the first time last night. Used the stump bucket to dig out a pretty sizable stump. Took me awhile, mostly because I don't know what I'm doing yet, but as you can see I conquered it! looks like rain all weekend, so guess I'll have to wait to play. Mom (my wife) won't let me play in the rain, so I put a rain coat on her. No garage......yet stump.jpgrain coat.jpeg

/ Her first workout #2  
Good job.
Which stump bucket did you get ?
I keep thinking I want one, as much (probably MORE) for popping rocks as stumps.
Every time I get close to buying one I look at stump grapples too, then think that would be BETTER to grab whatever I dig out, then decide not to spend THAT MUCH (-:
BTW, I have skid compatible steer loader, so have a fairly wide choice available to me.

/ Her first workout
I bought the Prowler stump bucket on Ebay. Seems pretty stought. I was kinda worried that my tractor didn't have the muscle to use it, but seems to do pretty good. I think it's designed more for a high HP skid steer. I know I'll be getting lots of use out of it this summer.

/ Her first workout #4  
Good job.
Which stump bucket did you get ?
I keep thinking I want one, as much (probably MORE) for popping rocks as stumps.
Every time I get close to buying one I look at stump grapples too, then think that would be BETTER to grab whatever I dig out, then decide not to spend THAT MUCH (-:
BTW, I have skid compatible steer loader, so have a fairly wide choice available to me.

I have the Blue Diamond Stump Bucket, it is the longest I have seen, more leverage, like using a long handled shovel.

Stump Bucket for Skid Steers | Blue Diamond Attachments

P9290022.JPG P9290029.JPG P9290035.JPG P9290037.JPG

/ Her first workout #5  
Yeah, don't laugh TOO hard, but I betcha it ain't as long as pallet forks (-:
Seriously, for just popping rocks pallet forks set close together can work very well.
Get up close, raise loader, point forks almost straight down and dig 'em in with down pressure.
With the front wheels off the ground "rock" the curl/dump - it takes some practice to judge when you can back up and flip the rock out of the hole, but it CAN be done.
Of course this doesn't cut or rip roots, which is why I want a stump bucket, or stump grapple.

/ Her first workout #6  
Yeah, don't laugh TOO hard, but I betcha it ain't as long as pallet forks (-:
Seriously, for just popping rocks pallet forks set close together can work very well.
Get up close, raise loader, point forks almost straight down and dig 'em in with down pressure.
With the front wheels off the ground "rock" the curl/dump - it takes some practice to judge when you can back up and flip the rock out of the hole, but it CAN be done.
Of course this doesn't cut or rip roots, which is why I want a stump bucket, or stump grapple.

Don't bet, you didn't click the link: Stump Bucket for Skid Steers | Blue Diamond Attachments

It is 56 inches long, and narrow, to dig deeper, easier.

I would not want a grapple on my stump bucket, it would hit the tree trunk when trying to pop it out.

You are right about pallet forks and rocks, been there, done that! :)