Price Check 2810 pricing

/ 2810 pricing #1  

mustelid

i've seen $14,500 listed multiple places for the 2810 with a loader. i've also seen prices on ebay and dealer pages for new holland TC30/29 for $13,500 new. so what are people actually paying for branson.....it has to be cheaper than NH...right?

/ 2810 pricing #2  
A TC29 weighs about 2300lbs, a 2810 weighs about 3400lbs. Both weights are approximate and do not include the loader. You are comparing two different classes of tractors. Same goes when comparing a B series Kubota to a Branson.

I'll admit that not all applications need the additional size and weight, but unless you are using the tractor mostly for finish mowing, more weight is usually a good thing.

/ 2810 pricing #3  
....and I almost forgot.... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Welcome to TBN!

/ 2810 pricing
glad to be a member /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i admitt you could argue back and forth about the pros and cons of 2810 vs TC30.....like NH proven track record and dealer network /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

......but what i'm really curious about is whether people are actually paying or paying close to $14,500 for the 2810. how much wiggle room is out there?

/ 2810 pricing #5  
I bought a Branson 3510 package that included a loader, Branson 5-ft rotary cutter, Lowery 5-ft box blade, and a 16 ft
trailer with brakes on 1 axle for $14300. I could have gotten a 2810 for $700 less. This was back in January during the "slow season". Probably couldn't match that price right now.
Ken.

/ 2810 pricing #6  
Current list price on a 2810 with a BL10 loader is $17,740. List price isn't realistic, normally they are much less.

In December 02 there were deep dealer discounts to encourage dealers to keep purchasing during what are slow months to some dealers. As those tractors arrived in January we saw some really cheap prices by some dealers. Since then the discounts are long gone and the dealer prices have gone up some.

I don't post prices in this forum as it isn't the place to do it. It is best to check with your local dealer. I always encourage people to purchase locally.

Just keep in mind that these are not second rate tractors in any way. The name is relatively new and the dealer network is young, but the tractors are fantastic. When compared with similar tractors (look at size and weight, not just HP) we normally see a big price differential.

/ 2810 pricing #7  
Hi Dave, /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was wondering if Century/Branson has any models that offer a mid-pto, or if that will be an option offered some time in the future?

The lack of a mid-pto has always kept me from seriously considering these tractors because I absolutely believe that I will need that option when I get my tractor. But to be perfectly honest, I'm really taking a hard look now because of the value I'm seeing. I suppose I would be able to get by without a mid-pto, but I think it would be difficult.

I would think as popular as the mid-pto seems to be, C/B would be considering making it at least an option. Is there some really good reason they might not be?

/ 2810 pricing #8  
Golfgar, What do you intend to use the mid PTO for? When you get up in size with tractors, they are either optional or not available. On JD the 4210 and larger it is an option. Kubota Grand L 3130 and up an option. Not sure on NH, but I remember it is not available on the TC45. I don't miss it on my 3045. I would only use it for a front snowblower. The trouble of changing around FEL to snowblower and back plus the expense make them not popular around here.
Pacesetter

/ 2810 pricing #9  
Hi Russell! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, one of my plans was to have a front snowblower and a 3 pt salt spreader so I could salt/sand after clearing the pavement, etc. I also expect that I would be using a front mount power broom.

I have to admit that I've been considering these things as I keep searching. And I do agree that changing from the FEL to the snowblower would be a pain, but I accept that as part of the job. As long as I have a decent place (read heated shop! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif) to change it in, I guess I could live with that.

Do you feel that your FEL does an equally good job as compared to a snowblower? Wouldn't it take longer to clear an area with a FEL? Or are you using a 4-in-1 bucket that you can open like a dozer blade and push the snow that way?

I guess I thought that C/B might be considering offering mid pto's so that could compete a little more with the others that have them. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I think I'll have a better feel about it once I've been able to test drive one and get some pricing comparisons in our area.

The search continues!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 2810 pricing #10  
It appears we won't see a mid-PTO on the 10 or 20 series, but the smaller tractor that is now in developement will have an optional mid-PTO.

I can't comment anymore on the above referenced smaller tractor, because details are few and uncertain until it is ready for production. I only know that it is in the works.