clutch troubles

/ clutch troubles #1  

shibaura_4043

Silver Member
Tractor
Zetor 4341 Cab, Shibaura 4043
I seem to be having nothing but trouble out of my new to me tractor... the latest issue happened a couple days ago when I was moving brush. The clutch became real sensitive and then finally the clutch pedal wouldnt spring back and all I could do to stop before hitting my fence was choke it out as fast as I could! I put the tractor back to neutral, pulled the clutch pedal back up to the disengaged position and it would work for a couple of gear changes(still very sensitive) then it didnt want to engage again...any suggestions? I hope its just a slave cylinder but does it sound like the clutch plate is going out? Thanks

/ clutch troubles #2  
Hello shibura_4043 what tractor model are you having issues with? so we can try to help

/ clutch troubles #3  
Check the two clutch pedal return springs that are attached to the pedal and go up under the dash tower. It's rare that they would go at the same time, usually one or the other.

/ clutch troubles
Model 4341, thanks for the replies... I ended up replacing the clutch master cylinder now its working like a champ. Thanks