Branson 3510 fuel issues

/ Branson 3510 fuel issues #11  
Branson 3510H

Dave, when I said I topped the differential and transmission fluid off I mean I had to add about 10 gallons of each!

/ Branson 3510 fuel issues #12  
Re: Branson 3510H

Dave, when I said I topped the differential and transmission fluid off I mean I had to add about 10 gallons of each!

Well that can't be a good sign, since an empty tractor doesn't hold that much. I'd suspect you are way overfull.

/ Branson 3510 fuel issues #13  
Dave, when I said I topped off the fluids I mean I put in about 2-3 gallons of hydraulic / transmission fluid. Not to mention having to fill the differential with about 2-3 gallons of gear oil. The tractor never acted like it didn't want to move. Just wanted to see if someone with more experience thought I might have burned something up. LOL...Not sure what I was thinking earlier.

/ Branson 3510 fuel issues #14  
Dave, when I said I topped off the fluids I mean I put in about 2-3 gallons of hydraulic / transmission fluid. Not to mention having to fill the differential with about 2-3 gallons of gear oil. The tractor never acted like it didn't want to move. Just wanted to see if someone with more experience thought I might have burned something up. LOL...Not sure what I was thinking earlier.

If it really was gallons low, not just a quart or two, call your dealer and let him know and ask him what happened. And make sure you fully understand how the sight glass works and that the tractor was dead level. If the tractor is on the slightest slope forward it will show low, and if on the slightest slope backward it will show overfull. IIRC the front axle has a dipstick, so that should be easy. If you ran the front axle with zero oil in it for a couple of hours, I'd be concerned. To summarize, I'd call your dealer, ask him a few questions and at least get this on record in case you have a future premature front axle failure.

BTW, the 3510H is an awesome tractor. Good choice.

/ Branson 3510 fuel issues #15  
My 3510 takes hydraulic fluid in the front axle.
Do the newer tractors use gear oil in the front axle?