branson 5530r

/ branson 5530r
i have a 5530r branson , it started jumping out of reverse and now it will not go into reverse at all , second is there a site where i can download a free parts manual

More than likely that you have excessive play in the shuttle u joint and it will have to be replaced. Take the dash cover off and adjust the shuttle travel to the "sweet spot". If still not engaging properly you will have to replace the u joint.

/ branson 5530r #12  
I am having the same issue, I assume the linkage needs adjusted, what have you tried?

/ branson 5530r
I am having the same issue, I assume the linkage needs adjusted, what have you tried?

"More than likely that you have excessive play in the shuttle u joint and it will have to be replaced. Take the dash cover off and adjust the shuttle travel to the "sweet spot". If still not engaging properly you will have to replace the u joint."

It really is that simple. The little u joint is kinda cheesy and it does not take much slack to create this problem.

/ branson 5530r #14  
"More than likely that you have excessive play in the shuttle u joint and it will have to be replaced. Take the dash cover off and adjust the shuttle travel to the "sweet spot". If still not engaging properly you will have to replace the u joint."

It really is that simple. The little u joint is kinda cheesy and it does not take much slack to create this problem.

Ok, thanks. I will look at that. I have had few minor issues, two major, the switch under the steering column quit, which is the neutral indicator with a similar cheesy lever which operates of of the shift lever, won't start with that out. Second , all power has quit to the pto , switches for the auto up and down, looked at all the relays, wiring, fuses etc, dealer can't help either, so it stays out of use, just had the front left final drive chew up the bearings, so waiting on parts to fix that. I really like the tractor, easy and fun to use, just a few irritations.

/ branson 5530r #15  
Ok, went to dealer bought u joint, replaced it, fine now. 80 dollars for that little u joint. I took my ball peen and adjusted the old one with a few blows to the side pins and it is actually tighter than the new one, should have done that first. Thanks for your help.

/ branson 5530r #16  
i have a 5530r branson , it started jumping out of reverse and now it will not go into reverse at all , second is there a site where i can download a free parts manual

Did you find a fix, I have worked on mine and found the shift fork problem, but unsure of how to fix it?