Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    kubota m4050

Default branson 5530r

Hello to everyone. I tried to use my 5530 for the first time this spring and it does not travel as it should. In low range the travel is slower than normal. In mid range and high range it will not move until rpm's reach 2000 and then it moves way slower than normal. Any ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2800H

Default Re: branson 5530r

Please make a video of what you describe so we can better diagnose the issue.

Tractor
    kubota m4050

Sorry but I can't do a video. The tractor pretty much acts as I described. Takes off a little slow in low range and takes off really slow in mid and high range, almost as if the clutch is not fully engaged. Makes no noise, front end loader and 3 point lift work as they should.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

Have you checked the clutch adjustment? On my 2400 the hydraulic pump is driven directly from the motor so the loader and 3PH will work with the clutch depressed.
    Artificial Intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.

Branson 2400H MMM & FEL

JD 112

BX1850 gone but not forgotten

Tractor
    kubota m4050

I have not adjusted clutch free play yet but it seems to not have any free play. Could that cause the clutch to not engage fully?

Tractor
    lt155

Can you check and see if the creeper gear is engaged? is the parking brake engaged? If you put it in 4WD does that help?

Tractor
    kubota m4050

It is not in creep and parking brake is not engaged. Will check versus 4wd this weekend and adjust clutch free play. Thanks

If the clutch pedal has no free play the clutch could be slipping. You should have 1" of free play. Good luck!

Tractor
    kubota m4050

Thanks Sawworcs, you are dead on. I adjusted the free play yesterday and everything works as it should.

I could not find detailed information about adjusting the free play and Branson operators manual was useless For anyone with the same problem, I discovered that the adjustment is quite easy. Remove the gray cover on the left side that holds the light switch. Use the stopper bolt to limit the upward travel of the clutch pedal so that it does not come up and hit the cover when reinstalled. Disconnect the turnbuckle from the clutch pedal arm and depress the clutch pedal to the desired free play of say 3/4" to 1" and with the pedal depressed you can observe how far to adjust the turnbuckle to get the proper free play.

Make the turnbuckle adjustment, reconnect it and recheck it. I do not think that the amount of free play is critical as the Branson manual says from .1" to 1.4" and I have seen recommendations from 5/8" to 1.25".

Tractor
    branson 5530r

i have a 5530r branson , it started jumping out of reverse and now it will not go into reverse at all , second is there a site where i can download a free parts manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast