No high range

/ No high range #1  

rocky m

Tractor
Branson
Evening Gents,
Several years ago ya'll helped me out with a block replacement, now I need your help again.

After I had replaced my block, so it shouldn't be associated with that, I lost my high range, which was about 3 years ago. Recently a friend borrowed the tractor and tried using the high range and it worked. Now it has quit againand I am having trouble with my medium range too. Any ideas?

/ No high range
Now limited med and low ranges too

so yesterday I droive it down to the gas station and had problems with med range by the time I reached it, about 1 mile.
the strange thing is that it slips like a burned out cluthch, but then comes back.

I got back home, on medium range, and was using low range to spread some gravel around and was have poroblems with low range too. The tractor would move but there was no torque. I was able to only slightlly get into the gravel with either my bucket or my blade. Any more and the tractor would not move.
A friend asked if hydrolics operates the transmiussion (it is a shuttle shift), and whether a plugged filter would cause that. Thoughts?