Century 2535 Hydraulic leak

/ Century 2535 Hydraulic leak #1  

NealinVA

Tractor
Century 2535
I have a 2004 Century 2535 with about 300 hours on it. It has taken to leaking hydraulic fluid at the sight glass. I can't really tell how the sight glass is installed to the casing. Is it some kind of threaded screw in attachment or does it come from inside out with an attachment inside of the casing?
Does anyone have any ideas on how to approach this problem?

Thanks in advance!

/ Century 2535 Hydraulic leak
2013-10-19 12.12.18.jpg
The 2 bolts, 1 above and 1 below the sight glass were loose I tightened them but it still weeps fluid from the edge of the sight glass. If I push on the sight glass it does flex a bit, I assume it should be solid with no movement at all. I wonder if I could have backed into something that hit it and has damaged the seal. Does anyone know how this would be replaced?

/ Century 2535 Hydraulic leak #3  
Neal, there is a simpler way to fix that issue. Elevate the tractor's back end on a ramp or blacks so the fluid drains to the front and does not leak to the back. Pry out the sight glass and the rubber seal. It is just pressed in place. Clean the seat of the seal with a solvent and let it dry. Put a small bead of silicone in the base and push the seal back in. As long as the glass is not cracked this will work. It flexes because of the rubber seal which holds it in place. I did that on my 2535 several years ago and it has held fine.Willie Jones

/ Century 2535 Hydraulic leak #4  
Neal, there is a simpler way to fix that issue. Elevate the tractor's back end on a ramp or blacks so the fluid drains to the front and does not leak to the back. Pry out the sight glass and the rubber seal. It is just pressed in place. Clean the seat of the seal with a solvent and let it dry. Put a small bead of silicone in the base and push the seal back in. As long as the glass is not cracked this will work. It flexes because of the rubber seal which holds it in place. I did that on my 2535 several years ago and it has held fine.Willie Jones

This is the same thing that I did on mine. It's been years and no issues since then. I used regular, clear silicone.

Eddie

/ Century 2535 Hydraulic leak
Hi Willie, Thanks for this suggestion it worked great. Sorry I am so slow to thank you but had some surgery and the tractor took a backseat for awhile. I fixed it based on your method about a month ago and it is holding up great.
Thanks again!

/ Century 2535 Hydraulic leak #6  
Neal, Glad to hear it worked and that you are getting over the surgery. Willie :thumbsup: