I'm Done With Branson

/ I'm Done With Branson #1  

cpocobb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3510
I'm done with Branson. My tractor is going up for sale, and I'll never recommend them to anyone again. I love my tractor, but Branson has the most screwed up system for servicing their customers that I've ever seen. My 2 closest dealers couldn't supply me with a hydraulic filter without ordering it and charging ridiculous freight fees. They both have tractors on the lot, but stock NO parts for them. I could not even order parts at one of the dealerships - I was given the phone number for their "parts guy". I've emailed Branson USA twice asking for help, and they didn't bother to reply either time. There is NO REASON why I shouldn't be able to visit a dealer and buy consumable parts such as filters without paying shipping fees AND waiting on the parts! I don't really want to go green or (shudder) orange, but at least I will be able to keep the tractor running! By the way - I live within 50 Miles of their USA facility in Rome, Ga, and STILL can't get a response or any advice from them!

/ I'm Done With Branson #2  
No matter the brand, a dealer can make or break your experience. Good luck with your new ride!

/ I'm Done With Branson #4  
If you really do love your tractor,like I love my Branson, there are many dealers who will ship you parts, and paying shipping is a small price to pay for owning a great tractor. NAPA also has, or can get all the filters. That would be the day I would give up my tractor, that I am happy with, to go to another brand which may be worse. The filters can even be bought on EBAY. Good luck...........

/ I'm Done With Branson #5  
Same advice look to Amazon or E-bay. Find your local retailer for Wix filters. While I do favor buying local times are changing. Shipping is cheaper than running my big truck for small parts.

/ I'm Done With Branson #6  
Hate to hear of your experience with parts for your Branson Tractor. I am very well pleased with my dealer, he is also the distribution center for Branson and is located in Plainview Texas. He not only has a great inventory of consumable parts, he often will drop them off at my shop.
Can't get much better than that. Good luck on your next tractor.

/ I'm Done With Branson #7  
I have a Century tractor and use Branson for my parts. My local dealer is a scatter brain and never has anything in stock, he says he it's already on order or he is going to order it and it will be here on Thursday. It might be a couple of Thursday's or it might be the Thursday two months from now. You just never know. Half the problem is that he doesn't actually place the order, the other half is that Branson is terrible about supplying their dealers with parts. They are more into getting as many places to sell their tractors as they can, but only have a few true dealerships out there to service them. I've had fantastic luck with my tractor, but have learned that if I need a part, to try and get it at the local parts store, like Napa or ABC. Or I go online to Big Red's <B><font size="3">BRANSON TRACTOR PARTS</FONT SIZE><B> and order from them. They always get it to me within a week and their prices are very reasonable.

I've been looking at getting a cab tractor and I'd love to go with Branson, but their closest dealership is over an hour away and I have my doubts about the service I'll get down the road. You buy Branson for the great value you get for your money compared to the other brands, but you have to realize that you wont get the same level of support as you do from Kubota or Deere. Because of that, I'll probably buy Kubota for my next tractor.

Eddie

/ I'm Done With Branson #8  
Give Mathis Trailer and Equipment Supply a call. (706-234-1807) They are new dealer (<1 year old) over in the Dykes Creek area of Rome. The owner has operated Dykes Creek Farm Supply for years and just recently opened a Branson dealership across the street from his original store. If you like your tractor it might be worth a shot. BTW I've got a kubota so I've got no vested interest in the dealership - just know of them from the the farm supply side of things. Good luck.

/ I'm Done With Branson #9  
That's one of the items I figured out by checking the posts here on TBN before I bought my tractor. Its a 60 mile, round trip, to the Kubota dealer. I order consumables and they are dropped off at the driveway gate by the trucking company. A really sweet deal I've got with a fantastic dealership. I don't mind the shipping - it saves a lot of time & money this way.

/ I'm Done With Branson
I appreciate all the comments and tips. I do get most of my filters at NAPA, and even got a JD dealer to find me a fuel bowl from his stock once. He went out of his way to help. I haven't been able to find a hydraulic filter that works as well as the Branson factory filter, though. Anyone who depends on their tractor as part of their income can feel my pain. It can get REALLY expensive to wait several days (or weeks) to get parts, and you can only put customers off for so long before you lose them. I guess my biggest problem is Branson's' seeming total lack of concern over the issue. They'll give just about anyone a dealership without regard for ability or desire to service the products and customers. And ignoring correspondence sent to their corporate HQ is terrible for your image. My 1st email simply expressed my frustration and asked for help with a solution. The 2nd named names and was specific as to my treatment by 2 of their dealers. Not a peep from them either time - not even a generic response!