Century C-42 very slow 3 point hitch-regardless of temp

/ Century C-42 very slow 3 point hitch-regardless of temp #1  

rameye

Silver Member
Tractor
Zetor C-42 with HL50 loader
Just had a new clutch put on my girl ...pretty pricey$$ Anyway... went and mounted up the rear blade for winter- 3 point is dog slow, no power. The clutch job required a fluid and filter change etc. All work done by dealer.

Things I've checked

Fluid level-spot on
Leaks-none
Rear lift speed control-set for fast ops
FEL-operates normally

Doesn't do the cold weather jump....just is very-very slow and has no umph!

Many moons ago I thought I read about the filter possibly being too restrictive..Ill be checking into that and any other ideas you might have.

Thanks

/ Century C-42 very slow 3 point hitch-regardless of temp #2  
An incorrect filter or wrong oil viscosity will cause poor hydraulic performance, but I'd expect that to apply equally to the loader, not just the three-point. They use the same pump and oil.

/ Century C-42 very slow 3 point hitch-regardless of temp
That's the weird thing...the FEL is fine!

Ok here is something else..If im lifting the 3 point (slow as ****) as soon as I engage the FEL the 3 point stops dead...that may be normal however, I never paid attention.

/ Century C-42 very slow 3 point hitch-regardless of temp #5  
Rameye, I have a Century 2535 - also known as a C 35 and the same as a Branson 3510. The hoses go from the hydraulic pump to the loader control then back to the main hydraulics and 3 pint hitch which are under the tractor seat. ( you can see them from the back end.) Check and see if the hose from the loader control valve to the main hydraulic control has a kink in it. When my 3 point hitch is coming up and I use the loader the there point hitch will stop because the hydraulic fluid is being used by the loader. Willie Jones

Rameye, I have a Century 2535 - also known as a C 35 and the same as a Branson 3510. The hoses go from the hydraulic pump to the loader control then back to the main hydraulics and 3 pint hitch which are under the tractor seat. ( you can see them from the back end.) Check and see if the hose from the loader control valve to the main hydraulic control has a kink in it. When my 3 point hitch is coming up and I use the loader the there point hitch will stop because the hydraulic fluid is being used by the loader. Willie Jones

Thanks Willie...I will be up there to work on it over the holidays..will check back and let yall know what I found or what fixed it.

My local tractor fella said could be the 3 point piston under the seat bypassing as well...

take care

/ Century C-42 very slow 3 point hitch-regardless of temp #7  
Rameye, I think you are onto the problem. The three-point piston seals are probably worn out. That makes the most sense.

Just odd if that's it... it was fine 1 day...shot the next, guess that the way it goes sometimes.

/ Century C-42 very slow 3 point hitch-regardless of temp #9  
Quick way to see if the piston rings are worn, lift 3 point with Blade on and then turn tractor off if the 3 point drops that's the issue, also if the blade sits there and jumps with tractor running the rings are worn. Branson did come out with a upgrade to the piston rings years ago. But if it worked before the clutch job and not now I think one of the hoses on the loader valve are hooked up wrong. Does this tractor have a set of remote hydraulic or a backhoe ?

Quick way to see if the piston rings are worn, lift 3 point with Blade on and then turn tractor off if the 3 point drops that's the issue, also if the blade sits there and jumps with tractor running the rings are worn. Branson did come out with a upgrade to the piston rings years ago. But if it worked before the clutch job and not now I think one of the hoses on the loader valve are hooked up wrong. Does this tractor have a set of remote hydraulic or a backhoe ?

Yes I have a remote outlet (never plugged anything in to it)