Branson 4720 Battery

/ Branson 4720 Battery
Thanks I had to boost it last week . I never knew the bottom was removable . Thought it was hinged. So was planning to remove the front call them cattle bars to drop the end down. 4720 seem to have lots of room to work above the battery. Never knew batteries were into groups . Your link a guy talked about his at 2150 CCA. Thats some power. Last week it was -20C and I jumped it with my truck new battery 880 CCA or 920CCA. So guess looking for 1000 +

/ Branson 4720 Battery
Got a battery from NAPA as close as the fit could be $215 taxes in. Big diff in the turn over rate. Yes it is +6 today but the tractor starts in 1 sec not 3-4 like on a warm day.

/ Branson 4720 Battery #13  
Two other tips for cold starts, cycle the glow plugs more than once before trying and always have the clutch pushed in.
The clutch is mandatory to push in but on vehicles that it does not need to be in pushing it in lets the engine turn over without having to turn the gears in transmission oil. The front shaft is always connected to the cluster gear meaning almost all gears move when the clutch is out.

/ Branson 4720 Battery #14  
Nobody ever installed a battery that had too many CCA or too heavy of cables. Btw the "ground" connection is often run to some sheet metal or remote casting somewhere. Connect a new HD cable between the battery (-) post and a starter mounting bolt.the engine will crank as if a larger starter had been installed.

/ Branson 4720 Battery #15  
33FR-MF

/ Branson 4720 Battery #16  
The old one in my 42 HP Century measures EXACTLY the same as a BCI group 27.
However... the original is a sealed maintenance free and the Walmart version has caps.
This only matters because the hold down clamp is wide enough to catch the caps.
I will probably cut the clamp, keep the design but cut it to width so that it fits between the caps.