WIll future Branson tractors have turbos?

/ WIll future Branson tractors have turbos? #1  

backintheday

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 3510H
Hi all,
I have a 3510 TLB and really would like to have a little more power. At 7500' my 3510 doesn't have the power to run my front mount hyd snowblower in more than a few inchs of snow. A turbo on this size tractor would be great, I noticed that a few other manufactures are going to turbo engines. Has any body heard if Branson is coming out with a new line? I would really like a 47 hst with a turbo and cab, I already have the loader and BH I just need more power.

/ WIll future Branson tractors have turbos? #2  
The 5520 has the same 2.3 liter engine as the 4720, but with an extra 8HP from the addition of a turbo.

/ WIll future Branson tractors have turbos?
If I could get the 5520 in HST I would buy one.

/ WIll future Branson tractors have turbos? #4  
You Can. They will be building them about mid year. They are currently building the 4720CH (hydro) and the 5220CH will be mid year or so. Do you have a local dealer by you? If not shoot me a PM and we could talk more about them.. Although, that's all I really know about them right now. It's the same tractor as the 4720CH just 55hp turbo and hydrostatic transmission.

/ WIll future Branson tractors have turbos? #5  
So, basically yet another version of the Kukje "large frame" Cat 1 tractor ?
Model names/numbers updated, a bit more power, not much else.

Kinda EXPEN$IVE way to get a bit more power.
At a guess an after market add-on blower would cost less than trading in.
What does Banks offer ?
Anyone re-cycle a VW TDI blower ? :D

/ WIll future Branson tractors have turbos? #6  
Hi all,
I have a 3510 TLB and really would like to have a little more power. At 7500' my 3510 doesn't have the power to run my front mount hyd snowblower in more than a few inchs of snow. A turbo on this size tractor would be great, I noticed that a few other manufactures are going to turbo engines. Has any body heard if Branson is coming out with a new line? I would really like a 47 hst with a turbo and cab, I already have the loader and BH I just need more power.

I could/should have read this more carefully the FIRST time.
Having read it AGAIN... I'm not at all sure that your problem is "lack of power".

It COULD BE lack of hydraulic flow.
It could even operator error, i.e. trying too high a gear for the depth of snow.

/ WIll future Branson tractors have turbos? #7  
I would not think that your tractor has enough pumps flow too. Most tractor manufactures wool void warranty for pump damage on continuous flow implements. Snow blowers or even front mount post hole diggers. My guess would be flow.

/ WIll future Branson tractors have turbos? #8  
Mount a PTO style Hydraulic pump?

/ WIll future Branson tractors have turbos?
I do have a PTO pump/ reservoir running the blower. At this altitude and with the tractor already being a HST I'm probably some where in the mid to high teens for PTO hp. I have all 3/4 lines and fittings to the blower, it's not a flow problem.

I spoke with a dealer last week, he said the same thing as Mr Bitz, they will be offering more hydro turbo powered tractors later this year. As much as I don't want to give any more of my money to them, I think I will end up with a new cabbed branson later this year. I already have the loader and BH no reason to spend more money on another setup when I can order just a tractor with a cab.

I need to post pics of my set up.
Thanks for the helps guys.

/ WIll future Branson tractors have turbos? #10  
I must confess, I'm a bit confused.
Why are you running a hydraulic powered blower instead of a PTO shaft driven unit?
Lots more power available thru the shaft directly.
31 Hp at the PTO...
It would be much cheaper to sell the hydro blower and get a traditional PTO driven unit, than to change tractors!

Last edited: